Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: January Blitz Day 6 - Managing and avoiding problem foods

Do you think i should use 'lol' a few more times? I'm not convinced i've used it enough in my previous post...

lol....

Lol :-)
    Alcohol is a trigger for me too, I find if I stick to red wine or gin and slimline it's not so bad but also need to try and then savour it rather than drinking a bottle. I've got a litre of salted caramel baileys at home which needs to go, very sad about that ha.
    I'd be interested in doing a more carb based meals so I can excercise more but I really struggle with the carbs meals in the book, the fat ones always turn out really lovely.
    I've tried the Lindt 99% chocolate , it's so strong, I do enjoy 90% though and had really good losses whilst eating 2 squares per day in the afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sallywags View Post
    Do you think i should use 'lol' a few more times? I'm not convinced i've used it enough in my previous post...

lol....
    Lol

Sally, that just gives you more time!
    Find what works for your body. Don't cheat yourself too often or too much.

I'm a very happy bunny on day 6. Weighted in today after my 5 P1 days, pleased to say 6 1/4 lbs down and def feeling much less bloated. P1 went very well save the last evening when I was in the middle of doing THD friendly spag bog and hubby insisted I add the wine - I did add 2/3 of the bottle but guess where the other 3rd went ..... which then prompted me - once I had finished my spag bog (which I had with courgetti by the way) to find my way to my nearly eaten box of Hotel Chocolat High Cocoa and yes I had a few - too many. Still it could have been worse and I am straight back to P2 today. Enjoyed my mushrooms for brekkie and milk in my tea. Menu today:
    B'fast: egg, bacon, mushroom, toms
    Lunch: stilton and brocolli soup - homemade - and very delicious I might add
    Dinner: jacket pot with cottage cheese and salad
    Karen

Feeling very pleased with myself today, I went to an 80th birthday party this afternoon and managed to come home unscathed. There was so much lovely food there but everything was either pastry or cake fortuany I decided to have bacon eggs and sausages just before I went so I wasn't hungry and tempted to have anything. I was really worried about offending my friend but managed to stay out of sight when the food came round so she wouldn't notice I wasn't eating. I also only drank hot water because I didn't want to risk having caffine. The water was surprisingly nice.
    I'm out for dinner again tomorrow and my friend asked me today what I do and don't eat so I was able to tell her about not mixing my carbs and possibly not having pudding. We agreed that I would just bring my blueberries and yogurt and would have what they have minus the rice. I'm going to have. Big breakfast just in case.
    Today I'm feeling a bit more in control than I have since Christmas hoping this will continue.

Well done, J. x
    Find what works for your body. Don't cheat yourself too often or too much.

Phase 1 gets easier by the day! I've been at work the past 3 mornings so had to skip breakfast and settle for a black decaf instead. I've taken meat and raw veg/salad with me for lunch which has kept me going until dinner. I made kale crisps tonight as a treat and they were amazing! Saturday night is usually kettle chip, dark choc and red wine night but I've not even thought about them. It's the red wine and dark choc that will usually trigger a binge for me so I think it's going to be a while before I can indulge on them for a while. Think I'm staying on a no mix p1 for the rest of the month in order to completely get my self control in check.

I've had terrible cravings today , I ate out last night at Nandos , I had plain butterfly chicken , machu peas ( slightly crushed garden peas with chilli , parsley and mint ) and a little coleslaw .i only drank water too .i can only think it's the coleslaw that has set me off . I've struggled and ended up having some 85% hotel chocolat ,chocolate batons . I'm really cross with myself.

On the plus I've lost 2lbs which is good for me

After 5 days,I'm quite pleased with myself. I've lost 2lb and feel much more clear-headed,with a bit more energy...something I'm usually short of mid-winter. Originally,I wasn't sure I wanted to do phase 1...it was the giving up of cheese that worried me. I've got masses from Christmas that is going to be needed using up. As it is,I've kept away from cheese and wheat...except for tasting a white sauce at work yesterday. I've been 97% phase 1...with a splash of cream in my coffee. A success in my book.
    Dear Stomach,you are bored,not hungry. So shut up.