Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No weight loss

Forum Guest

Default No weight loss

Day 8 and I haven't lost a pound.
    I have honestly stuck to the diet and my blood glucose is down( type 2 diabetic)
    I also feel so much better in myself.
    I will carry on but am a bit dissapointed.

Hi Tinty,

Sometimes the body prioritises 'healing' over weight-loss! Could you post up some menus just to see if we can spot anything that could cause an intolerance!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

+1 for that, Mat.
    Please could you also share some general body stats and background that you may think will help us help you. (height, weight and age, for example).
    Thanks
    The truth is deafening, no matter how quietly spoken.

Great start tinty - those 'side effects' on their own are great! I'm sure it will start to go down and on the plus side you may not be suffering with the conditions too badly.

Some menus would be great too...

What Mat says is very true. Particularly as you are T2D. Diet history plays a big part too. Patience is an irritating virtue to endure, but a valuable one. It sounds already that your body is changing, just more slowly than you'd like.
    Find what works for your body. Don't cheat yourself too often or too much.

Forum Guest

Thanks to everyone for replies.
    I am 61 years of age
    approx. 5 ft tall and weigh 12st 1.5 lbs at the moment.
    I did binge for all of December and did not gain weight either so it will probably be the effects of that evening out.

a typical menu is
    Breakfast -poached egg and bacon
    Lunch - Harcombe roasted red pepper and tomato soup
    Dinner - Roast Lamb with cauliflower and carrots (tiny bit of lamb gravy)
    Snack -Slice of Carvery Ham

I am only drinking water. and decaf teas

I am not upset about the no weight los as I know I am benefitting in other ways.
    I just need to stay motivated.

That looks fine to me... I'm assuming that the ham contains no 'oses like dextrose etc.

I think patience is the key here. As you mention, you know you are benefiting - sometimes the weight-loss does take longer. At 61, you will notice a difference in the ability to lose weight as the older you get the longer it seems to take to lose.

Stick with it! Enjoy new found health and I'm sure the weight-loss will follow!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Forum Guest

Will do Mat, the main thing is my glucose control.
    I will probably stick to phase 1 for another few weeks

If cravings have gone; I'd transition to phase 2 - where carbs and fats are strictly separated - this is where the main fat-burning weight-loss occurs. You can only store fat when insulin is present and you produce insulin to deal with carbs (simplified)

Phase 1 is all about dealing with the three conditions - There is a transitioning to phase 2 sticky thread at the top of the phase 2 forum - have a read of that and see what you think!

Forum Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mat View Post
    If cravings have gone; I'd transition to phase 2 - where carbs and fats are strictly separated - this is where the main fat-burning weight-loss occurs. You can only store fat when insulin is present and you produce insulin to deal with carbs (simplified)

Phase 1 is all about dealing with the three conditions - There is a transitioning to phase 2 sticky thread at the top of the phase 2 forum - have a read of that and see what you think!
    Will give that a try Mat, Ill have to get reading to see what I have to do