Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No weight loss

Let us know how you get on!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Jenny Wren
    Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Mat View Post
    If cravings have gone; I'd transition to phase 2 - where carbs and fats are strictly separated - this is where the main fat-burning weight-loss occurs. You can only store fat when insulin is present and you produce insulin to deal with carbs (simplified)

Phase 1 is all about dealing with the three conditions - There is a transitioning to phase 2 sticky thread at the top of the phase 2 forum - have a read of that and see what you think!
    Hi Mat - having been even more successful this time round on P1 in losing 13lbs (eeek!) in 11 days, and NO food cravings this time round, how should I approach P2 maintaining the separation of carbs and fats without fearing any weight gain??
    I can't afford health wise and financially for clothes, to go back up to 16 St 11.8 lbs that I'd reached!?
    I have no health worries but am on meds for anti-epilepsy (childhood epilepsy/fit free 24 yrs); Levothyroxine for under active Thyroid; Zolmitriptan and Propranalol for migraines. My height is 5' 2" and current weight is 15 S 12.2 lbs
    Thanks, Jenny

Wow Jenny, what an awesome result! I realise you've been THD-ing for quite a while but have you read the Phase 2 sticky?
    Sue - the first "no thank you" is the easiest

Jenny Wren
    Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd_Alto View Post
    Wow Jenny, what an awesome result! I realise you've been THD-ing for quite a while but have you read the Phase 2 sticky?
    Thanks, Sue. Yes, just been reading that sticky on how to transition safely. I know for sure that a home made soup at work earlier this week contained potato (after the fact) which thickens soups, but had a bloating affect on me! Yet, if i have a jacket potato w baked beans and cheese before restarting THD, I never reacted the same! Can different cooking processes create differing affects??

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Wren View Post
    Thanks, Sue. Yes, just been reading that sticky on how to transition safely. I know for sure that a home made soup at work earlier this week contained potato (after the fact) which thickens soups, but had a bloating affect on me! Yet, if i have a jacket potato w baked beans and cheese before restarting THD, I never reacted the same! Can different cooking processes create differing affects??
    Possibly.. Jacket potato (with skin) contains a lot of fibre which can mitigate some effects.

It is also worth noting that if you are eating clean; any intolerance will show up pretty clearly - if you are not eating clean; the effects can easily be masked - Think of it like putting ink in a pristine glass of water - you'll notice it straight away.. Now put the ink in a very muddy glass of water - you will likely not notice it al all as the water is already dirty.

Hope this helps.
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Wren View Post
    Hi Mat - having been even more successful this time round on P1 in losing 13lbs (eeek!) in 11 days, and NO food cravings this time round, how should I approach P2 maintaining the separation of carbs and fats without fearing any weight gain??
    I can't afford health wise and financially for clothes, to go back up to 16 St 11.8 lbs that I'd reached!?
    I have no health worries but am on meds for anti-epilepsy (childhood epilepsy/fit free 24 yrs); Levothyroxine for under active Thyroid; Zolmitriptan and Propranalol for migraines. My height is 5' 2" and current weight is 15 S 12.2 lbs
    Thanks, Jenny
    Great weight loss so far. Tomorrow is day 5 phase 1 and so far lost only 1 pound. I'm also on thyroxine for past 3 years. You have inspired me to continue hearing you have hypothyroidism and stil able to lose.
    I WILL get to my goal weight !!!