Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rice cakes

Must admit that I am an avid fan of Kalo organic rice cakes.
    Would much rather have them to having wheat!
    The secret is having it as part of a carb meal - think reduced fat cottage cheese or tuna or both ;-)

Note: tuna and sea food are an exception to the general rule of faces=fat meal, as their fat content is so low (about 3%) they can be treated as part of a carb meal - in moderation
    "The great enemy of the truth isn't the lie - deliberate, contrived and dishonest - but the myth - persistent, persuasive and unrealistic. Belief in myths allows the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought" - John F Kennedy

Bleurgh....

Me too. I love rice cakes. Really enjoy them! I like puffed rice cereal too though, so figures!

Quote Originally Posted by manulike View Post
    Must admit that I am an avid fan of Kalo organic rice cakes.
    Would much rather have them to having wheat!
    The secret is having it as part of a carb meal - think reduced fat cottage cheese or tuna or both ;-)

Note: tuna and sea food are an exception to the general rule of faces=fat meal, as their fat content is so low (about 3%) they can be treated as part of a carb meal - in moderation
    I did not know tuna could be considered in the carb gang? That's a game changer for me. Rice cakes, tuna and cottage cheese - amazing lunch!

Strictly speaking it isn't - Zoe is very specific with the 'things with faces' instruction. However some people do use this sometimes. I don't, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    I really liked the Kalo organic rice cakes ... in the beginning ... but nowadays they just taste like cardboard ... which makes me think of ryvita ... which makes me think of all those horrible diets before THD ... as others have said if you like them build them into a carb meal and you can't go wrong.
    I'm a strange girl as I love Ryvita too. Happily sit and munch those dry, straight from the packet! I like the crunch !

There's something about the smell of rice cakes that really turns my stomach, can't stand them. Love Ryvita, though - and so do my kids. Cottage cheese Ryvita is a staple in our house!

I went through a phase with Dr Kargs seeded crackers...super crunchy. I ate them plain. Not now though...no wheat for me.
    Dear Stomach,you are bored,not hungry. So shut up.