Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rice cakes

Default Rice cakes

Am I correct in thinking it is ok to eat rice cakes and if so what kind and on what Phase can they be introduced ?

Why would you want to?! I think they're like polystyrene ceiling tiles!!

however i'm being flippant... I'm guessing p2 carb meals...

It is just something to use instead of a sandwich .... is pitta bread ok ?

As with all thee things you need to see how you respond. As bread goes, pitta bread is one of the better ones - get a good one and it's just flour, salt and water quite oftn so much better than some breads

However i wouldn't touch them now as i avoid wheat like the plague. try to think outside the box as far as meals go - if you try to replace the sandwich, you will eventually want to go back to bread and you may feel deprived if you can't have a 'proper' sandwich.

Zoes lunch reipe book is good and there rare loads of ideas for lunches or snack meals on the forum
    x

Ricecakes are OK for phase 1 - Kallo organic have no nasties - they are part of your rice / oats allowance. (I think - been a while!) They do taste nasty though...
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Thanx again ...

'Tis a pleasure!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Thanx for that ... ��

Where on the forum can I find them ?