Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blitz to P2

Default Blitz to P2

I have a question for those who have done the blitz before and been on p2 or p3 for a while prior to this blitz. Are you just going straight back into p2/p3 or are you going to add back one thing at a time ?

I'm going back to phase 2 in its entirety.

The benefit of being and old timer like me is that you have done the experimentation and know what works for you and what to avoid.

I know I have no issues with dairy or fruit but wheat gives me a messy belly and guts.
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

So you still need to lose weight then Mat? Do you have a target/time ?

I put on some over Xmas but have lost it now and am back to my fighting weight after the blitz!

I'm not really target-focussed as I'm intending to eat like this for the rest of my life if I do have the occasional wander off-piste, I have the tools, like the blitz, to get me right back on track.

Loving that my wedding ring is able to fit back on my middle finger and energy levels are sky high.
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Quote Originally Posted by Mat View Post
    I put on some over Xmas but have lost it now and am back to my fighting weight after the blitz!

I'm not really target-focussed as I'm intending to eat like this for the rest of my life if I do have the occasional wander off-piste, I have the tools, like the blitz, to get me right back on track.

Loving that my wedding ring is able to fit back on my middle finger and energy levels are sky high.
    So, you don't lose weight if you're on p2 all the time ?

Yes.. You lose until you get to your natural weight..

Then you experiment beyond belief like I did to see if you lose any more..

If you don't, you declare phase 3 and keep eating phase 2 but not worrying if you stray off and cheat.

You very quickly get to know your body and how it works.

You also learn that one size does not fit all and you do have to experiment to find out what works.

I'm going back to phase 2 but trying to avoid milk this time, it really stalls my weight loss. It's just trial and error really but if there isn't anything you know of then I'd just go for it, the variety in phase 2 is great, it doesn't feel like a diet and therefore sustainable in my opinion. I do only lose a couple of lbs per week on it though but I'm happy with that, I've done restrictive diets and lost weight quickly but I've gained it back even quicker :-) good luck with p2 X

Quote Originally Posted by Kellyanndavies View Post
    So, you don't lose weight if you're on p2 all the time ?
    My take is that p2 is about normalising weight, rather than losing. You've ditched the junk in p1, used early days p2 to find your intolerances - after that your body comes into balance. That means your hormones and gut are working properly to nourish your body and manage your appetite.

So, if you are underweight, or have a lot of lean tissue damage from other diets (or like when I was really sick), for example, you might gain weight. If you have weight to lose, your body will manage that. This is the beauty of the system. We have evolved for this to work perfectly, without sweating the details.

P2 is simply establishing lifelong habits while we leave our bodies to get on with it. All p3 says it's don't cheat too much or too often. You might add in some mixing, plus nuts, seeds and avocados, drink caffeine, maybe some wine. That's about it. Then, if you are so inclined, you're probably well set up to handle the occasional massive blow out, or even daily bars of 85%!
    Find what works for your body. Don't cheat yourself too often or too much.

Like!!

Jenny Wren
    Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Mat View Post
    I'm going back to phase 2 in its entirety.

The benefit of being and old timer like me is that you have done the experimentation and know what works for you and what to avoid.

I know I have no issues with dairy or fruit but wheat gives me a messy belly and guts.
    Hi Mat - how do you substitute wheat in P2? Do you or can you use whole meal tortilla wraps and Pitta breads, for example, for lunches?? If so, any favourable recipes to offer? I'm a love of pulled pork and roasted salmon; can I combine either of these with pitta bread or wraps?