Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blitz to P2

Simple.. I don't!

I have no desire for bready stuff!

You can have pitta bread (check for no sugar) with part of a carb meal and I'd suggest that tortilla would also be fine if there are no nasties in the ingredients list..

Unfortunately you cannot combine the pork or salmon with pitta as they have faces and fats have faces (unless it is olive oil or other cooking fats)
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Jenny,

Remember in p2 we don't mix fats and carbs. So your meat/fish are fat meals, and wholemeal bread is a carb meal.

You can make single egg wraps, or cauli wraps for a fat meal, or fill your bread with very low fat foods.

Be careful with wheat, a *lot* of people struggle on it, and it's sneaky, you blame all sorts of things, but it's the wheat in the background all along.
    Find what works for your body. Don't cheat yourself too often or too much.

Jenny Wren
    Visitor

I've lost 13lbs so far in 14 days; how much more can I lose by the 25th!? Hopefully another 7 more lbs and that'll make it 20lbs weight loss on P1 - achieving 15 St 5 lbs. However, as you can see from that goal, I have a long way to go still in losing weight. How should I approach P2 if at all at this stage? Like all of us on the Blitz, our guts have undergone a big adjustment, so I'd like to be kind to it...

I've noticed that the only food that has an effect on my gut and piles on the pounds is salty carbs! I treated myself to a jacket potato with half fat cheddar cheese at work last week, and quickly gained nearly 4 lbs before losing it again!! How can I still have the occasional jacket potato and with what topping with salad?

Have a look at the phase 2 sticky in the phase 2 forum.
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Wren View Post
    I've lost 13lbs so far in 14 days; how much more can I lose by the 25th!? Hopefully another 7 more lbs and that'll make it 20lbs weight loss on P1 - achieving 15 St 5 lbs. However, as you can see from that goal, I have a long way to go still in losing weight. How should I approach P2 if at all at this stage? Like all of us on the Blitz, our guts have undergone a big adjustment, so I'd like to be kind to it...

I've noticed that the only food that has an effect on my gut and piles on the pounds is salty carbs! I treated myself to a jacket potato with half fat cheddar cheese at work last week, and quickly gained nearly 4 lbs before losing it again!! How can I still have the occasional jacket potato and with what topping with salad?
    Hi Jenny, with your jacket potato you might try low fat cottage cheese, tuna or chicken/turkey breast meat (the latter two are 'things with faces' but so low in fat that you might get away with it).

Well done on the weight loss!
    My mind is like my PC screen: 19 tabs open on the top bar, 3 of them are frozen, 25 half written emails on the bottom bar, and I have no idea where the music is coming from...

Jenny Wren
    Visitor

I've read a few folk on here saying or giving the impression that anyone losing a lot of weight on P1 often has one of the three health conditions. Others have only lost a couple of pounds in the Blitz!! Or have I misunderstood altogether?

That's often correct Jenny. Phase 1 is a detox from the processed food, sugar and caffeine, AND as importantly a step towards overcoming the 3 conditions tha Zoe outlines in her books. If you don't suffer from 1 or all of the 3 conditions then you might not need/get the weight loss results from phase 1.

NB if you have any cravings or can't wait to get back to eating something eg wheat, then either stay on phase1 for longer, or go to phase 2 but avoid the longed for food for as long as possible is make it the last thing you reintroduce,
    My mind is like my PC screen: 19 tabs open on the top bar, 3 of them are frozen, 25 half written emails on the bottom bar, and I have no idea where the music is coming from...

Hi Mat - how do you substitute wheat in P2? Do you or can you use whole meal tortilla wraps and Pitta breads, for example, for lunches?? If so, any favourable recipes to offer? I'm a love of pulled pork and roasted salmon; can I combine either of these with pitta bread or wraps?
    Look up Oopsie rolls - they are the closest thing I have found to bread and they will be great with pulled pork in. Someone here might be able to find the thread quickly but just search for them in the search box. They are GREAT! I love them with egg mayo too.

There's an interesting thread about potatoes recently jenny - i gain 3-4lb overnight if i eat any amount of potato but i can eat the same amount of sweet potato without a problem. it's definitely worth reconditioning yourself to eat other things and in different ways rather than think about 'replacing' wheat based products. I don't think about it any more - i don't feel a need to replace sandwiches/wraps et. i also can't remember the last time i felt a need to eat a jacket spud! it might be worth getting the lunch box recipe book as quite a few people struggle to make easy lunches, particularly if they work.

You can't see it as a 'treat' either. It's a 'cheat'. You can't have fats (cheddar) with carbs (potato) and expect to lose weight. Simple as that. But you can have no fat cottage cheese and someone else said recently that Tuna is so low fat you can have that with carbs.