Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Various bread and other options

Eggs florentine are traditionally made without bread, line a dish with spinach, crack in egg, add topping and cook. Just have benedict without bread eggs on thick ham and hollandaise topping, yummy.

I would strongly recommend you eat as suggested in Zoé's book and not try to find a bread replacement as there really isnt anyting. This is a new way of eating, if you embrace it you'll enjoy life much more.

When we were at the LCHF conference last year, one of the excellent speakers said that bread is just a way to get food from your plate into your mouth and that's what forks and spoons are also designed for!

So, why would you want bread...

+1 for the advice given. You will do better on thd if you try and think laterally. Also don't forget you can't use flour in sauces.

Quote Originally Posted by PerryPoole View Post
    When we were at the LCHF conference last year, one of the excellent speakers said that bread is just a way to get food from your plate into your mouth and that's what forks and spoons are also designed for!

So, why would you want bread...
    Oh I don't know about that. Some nice warm homemade bread straight from the oven with real butter on, one of life's joys! (for me)

Quote Originally Posted by Kellyanndavies View Post
    Oh I don't know about that. Some nice warm homemade bread straight from the oven with real butter on, one of life's joys! (for me)
    But definitely very phase 3.

Jenny,

I would try and change the mindset that you have to have bread or substitute..

You will get on so much better if you can manage that.
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Quote Originally Posted by Kellyanndavies View Post
    That's fine...as long as your body/mind is fine with wheat. I know that it only leads to huge bread binges for me. Thats followed by weight gain,bloating,and sore joints. So its one "pleasure" I have to avoid.
    Dear Stomach,you are bored,not hungry. So shut up.

Oh yes! Bread. Engineered to make it super addictive with masses of amylopectin-A to really spike blood sugar!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

You make it sound so lovely Mat . My father used to be a baker and I literally lived on bread as a child. Haven't touched any for 3 years now, it no longer calls to me and I can't imagine myself ever eating it again.

And don't get me started on the strange dry weirdly coloured bars that they now sell under the label of *cake*
    My mind is like my PC screen: 19 tabs open on the top bar, 3 of them are frozen, 25 half written emails on the bottom bar, and I have no idea where the music is coming from...

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Wren View Post
    For example, in the past I've like my Eggs Benedict and Eggs Florentine - how can I adapt these on THD?
    Quote Originally Posted by roseymary View Post
    Eggs florentine are traditionally made without bread, line a dish with spinach, crack in egg, add topping and cook. Just have benedict without bread eggs on thick ham and hollandaise topping, yummy.

I would strongly recommend you eat as suggested in Zoé's book and not try to find a bread replacement as there really isnt anyting. This is a new way of eating, if you embrace it you'll enjoy life much more.

Great suggestions, RM. My only other ideas:
    * eggs florentine would be nice on a slice of bns
    * oopsie rolls are ideal

Mostly, though, chefs put those dishes on bread to keep it still and make it easier to serve!

Quote Originally Posted by grumbleweed View Post
    That's fine...as long as your body/mind is fine with wheat. I know that it only leads to huge bread binges for me. Thats followed by weight gain,bloating,and sore joints. So its one "pleasure" I have to avoid.
    The blisters put me off now, but it took a long time!
    Find what works for your body. Don't cheat yourself too often or too much.