Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For all those coffee aficionados

Quote Originally Posted by manulike View Post
    Thanks, MissC.
    I am another one using the lazy method, Lavazza de-caf or Taylor's decaf in a caffetiere for breakfast, and then drunk cold when I get back from work. I don't even put it in the fridge... just stays on kitchen top...

Any tips for nice places in Romania? I'm there in September. Beach, spa places, if possible :-)
    Ahh.. afraid not, sorry, I only went to Bucharest and stayed there for 3 days (I really liked it!). My friend who lives there highly recommends the coast, though, I can ask for specifics if you like?

Quote Originally Posted by MissCelenea View Post
    Ahh.. afraid not, sorry, I only went to Bucharest and stayed there for 3 days (I really liked it!). My friend who lives there highly recommends the coast, though, I can ask for specifics if you like?
    Yes, please, that would be much appreciated.
    I have about five days to kill in the Bucharest area in the beginning of September (as my flight has been shifted...).
    It would be nice to either have a lovely beach and/or a lovely spa location (hot mud baths / mineral sulphuric water etc). I'd prefer the cheap / local amenities, as opposed to the touristy / luxury resorts. A decent local Hamam with massage therapists on-site, in Bucharest, would also be much welcomed ;-)
    "The great enemy of the truth isn't the lie - deliberate, contrived and dishonest - but the myth - persistent, persuasive and unrealistic. Belief in myths allows the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought" - John F Kennedy

I'm not ignoring you, manulike, I've asked my friend in Romania for tips but I think she's a bit snowed under with work and hasn't had a chance to reply yet, but I'll let you know if she does.. sorry!

manulike, I finally have some info for you!
    So my friend says that is a newly opened therme in Bucharest that is quite nice (www.therme.ro), but it's not of those old communist styles.
    There are some basic ones in other parts of the country too (www.stejariicountryclub.ro and http://metropotam.ro/La-zi/10-statiu...art4583150903/). The latter is not in English but Google translate does a good job of translating the page.
    I know this isn't much, but I hope some of it is useful. Have a great time on your trip!

Blog Entries

Can't drink cold coffee, never could. I understand that the cold brew method becomes like a coffee concentrate that you can add to a cup of hot water to create a hot coffee... is that correct?
    Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution. Anne O'Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Kira2767 View Post
    Can't drink cold coffee, never could. I understand that the cold brew method becomes like a coffee concentrate that you can add to a cup of hot water to create a hot coffee... is that correct?
    Yes, if you cold-brew it strong enough. Normally I use about a 1:8 ratio of coffee to water (in weight) and this gives me a relative "thin" Americano style brew that I can drink black straight up, or perhaps with a dash of milk or cream. If you wanted to add hot water to it then I would definitely brew it with a 1:4 or even 1:2 ratio, it'll be a bit of trial and error to get the strength you like. Good luck

Blog Entries

I really enjoyed cold brewed coffee this summer - seemed much richer somehow.
    Rosemary