Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: July 2017 Daily Natter

Club Plus Member

Quote Originally Posted by Christelle View Post
    I don't know what happened in my life...
    (maybe it is my gorgeous and bubbly personality - but I think it has more to do with the weight loss, health I am showing)

My avatar has come true. I have another 2 colleagues interested in the diet and today a rep was here and she also wanted to know everything.
    She left here very excited to go buy the book and start the diet. The one colleague's husband is T2D and he seems to be equally excited to do the eat plan
    BIL's weightloss has slowed a bit, but it's still dropping off my sister (not that she had much to lose, anyway)! They are my only converts though.

My Mum had her big wedding anniversary at the end of May, then went to France for three weeks, didn't stick to the diet any of this time and now feels too ill to restart. Such a shame, because she was doing so well. I know it's a problem lots of us face after a holiday.

She's my only convert so far. Well done to both of you for getting the message out.

Club Plus Member

That's such a shame - she'd feel loads better if she got back on it!

I've had my whole family on it, but honestly none of them have stuck with it. I think my mum still eats broadly THD but still buys muesli rather than plain oats for some reason. My sister in law did phase 1 and then switched to calorie counting because she says it's easier. Other than mum, who has sort of done it in her own way, none of them have really got their heads around the fact that it's a lifestyle change rather than a diet. I don't want to spend my time lecturing people so beyond introducing them to it, and trying to be a good example myself, I just leave them to it.

OH sticks to it for his 3 meals of the day, but often starts eating milk chocolate in the evenings! It's up to him, he doesn't need to lose weight and I figure that even if he is sabbotaging himself with chocolate, at least he's getting a lot of great nutrition from all the real food he eats the rest of the time. He's always chuffed if he does lay off the Twirls for a week and sees 2kgs magically fall off though! I'm lucky in that I'm never remotely tempted by the chocolate when he starts eating it - otherwise everything would be a lot more difficult.

Club Plus Member
    Blog Entries

Twirls - they were my downfall - if they were in the house I would eat them. Not sure I would risk it now even though I love the 90%

Quote Originally Posted by MrJDW View Post
    I've had my whole family on it, but honestly none of them have stuck with it. I think my mum still eats broadly THD but still buys muesli rather than plain oats for some reason. My sister in law did phase 1 and then switched to calorie counting because she says it's easier. Other than mum, who has sort of done it in her own way, none of them have really got their heads around the fact that it's a lifestyle change rather than a diet. I don't want to spend my time lecturing people so beyond introducing them to it, and trying to be a good example myself, I just leave them to it.

OH sticks to it for his 3 meals of the day, but often starts eating milk chocolate in the evenings! It's up to him, he doesn't need to lose weight and I figure that even if he is sabbotaging himself with chocolate, at least he's getting a lot of great nutrition from all the real food he eats the rest of the time. He's always chuffed if he does lay off the Twirls for a week and sees 2kgs magically fall off though! I'm lucky in that I'm never remotely tempted by the chocolate when he starts eating it - otherwise everything would be a lot more difficult.

I do what you do, MrJDW. I can only lead you that far. If you decide to go do your own thing after I explained to you what you need to do, then do so. I cannot make the good decisions for you. You need to take ownership and make them yourself.
    How long they stick to it is up to them. We'll see what happens

(I think the lady with the T2D OH will stick. She looks very determined at the moment, but only time will tell)
    Trust the process, the results will come

Club Member

For Christelle

I have just got to your post re your daughter and eating at school.

"I was wondering because some food came back. I am not making a fuss about anything she is eating as I do not want her to do it in secret and not share with me that she ate something different. This, I also feel, will be the beginning of a bad relationship with food. I don't want her feeling guilty about having something else."

My daughter is now 42 but I can remember clearly her pack lunch coming home, all or in part, and worrying. My granchildren do the same, more so our grandaughter. Children do not have lunch breaks as we imagined or even experienced, they can be busy with extra school work/activites and often there is no time to eat.

Once I undertstood the structure of my daughter's day I stopped worrying and nagging, knowing she had had a good breakfast and was having a decent evening meal. I could have viewed it as 'resting her system' or as a mini fast, certainly has not done her any harm or my performing arts grandaughter.

Thank you Christine.
    That does make me feel better. You do worry about what they eat if all or most of the lunch comes back

Glad to see you back Christine.
    Did your op go well? And how are you coping without those horrible weight gaining meds?
    Last edited by Christelle; 18th July 2017 at 08:03 AM.
    Trust the process, the results will come

Club Plus Member

My daughter (19 now and lovely and slim) will stop eating when she has had enough, even though there may be only a single mouthful left on the plate. Like our own mothers, we are a little obsessed with clearing of plates - I think the answer may be to put a little less in, if there are always leftovers. They let you know very quickly if you don't give them sufficient!

Another thing about daughter - she regards hunger as just another state of being, not the end of the world, to be prioritised above all else. And I think that also helps her. If she is hungry, she is quite happy that she will be eating fairly soon, and gets on with other stuff, instead of fridge raiding.

I've just realised that Monday was my 20th sugar free day, so day 22 today. Still sticking to it.