Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not loosing weight

Blog Entries

Saralou slow, glacially slow are some of the expressions I've seen used by members of the forum about weight loss. Sometimes only 0.2 kgs a week but they've persisted. We're all different and it depends on so many things. You might have food intolerances. They're not always obvious but if you gained weight when introducing food in P2 you might want to look closely at these week by week. Most likely culprit is dairy. I always gain when I eat that an get general nasal, throat and chest congestion
    Rosemary

I didn't ever believe that coffee was a factor - no other low carb diet worries about it. I still don't know if I do, I think it's quite complicated how caffeine interacts with the body, but I can tell you about my own recent personal experience.

After years as a coffee addict I knew I'd reached the point where I had to give it up for reasons unconnected to weight. I did so in June, and at the time I had been about 6 or 7lbs over where I had been, and wanted to be, for quite a while, around 3 months, despite OK food choices most of the time. Over the following 2 weeks, my weight magically returned to where I wanted it, what I consider my natural weight.

I can't say it was definitely the coffee, but what I would say is that it's definitely worth a try. Also, if you successfully gave it up in phase 1 I don't know why you'd reintroduce it afterwards. Being free of the need for coffee is definitely a better place to be, I think.

Blog Entries

That's really interesting Mr JDW. I gave up caffeinated ciffee pre Harcombe for health reasons and do notice I'm quickly impacted by a proper long black (2 shots). I feel quite spaced out. It's only where I know decaf is awful
    Rosemary