Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: red wine and gin

Club Member

Default red wine and gin

Hi, I love a glass of red after work and a few g and ts on the weekend. But after reading the book i'm wondering if part of this is due to sugar. I work in a high pressured job so its good to unwind with colleagues after work-but I could do with cutting down on the wine a bit. I was wondering if there was a snack I could eat just before i finish work-e:g square of dark chocolate? any ideas?

thanks

vicky

Blog Entries

Vicky I gave up alcohol about 9 years ago, and uncovered a sugar addiction lurking. Whilst I'll never drink again part of me does wonder if it was more than the alcohol I was addicted to.

As to snacks they're something that most of us try to avoid by eating enough at each meal to go from one meal to another. If you're trying to lose weight I'd recommend to skip the chocolate (as it's definitely P3) for now and look at savoury snack such as a boiled egg, can of tuna, piece of cheese.
    Rosemary

Hi Vicky

Why were you thinking of eating a snack before drinking? Sorry if this is a daft question...

When we're on Phase 3 the only alcohol recommended by Zoe is red wine and cognac (if I remember correctly and I'm sure I'll be reminded by others if I'm wrong). All spirits are ok but they are normally taken with a mixer, which is not ok as that's where the sugar lies.

Unfortunately, for most of us alcohol brings on the munchies, which are hard to resist after a glass or two and that's when we forget all about THD and tuck in to unsuitable foods. After all, when else would any of us eat salted peanuts or a kebab from the van on the way home?

I know from earlier thread that you are new to this. This will only work properly if you commit to it totally. Don't try and tweak things until you fully understand it and your own bodies reactions. It may sound harsh but how do you think non drinkers unwind?

I still like a whiskey every now and then, but I can nearly say I have given up drinking completely.
    Sometimes I take sips of some alcohol my OH drinks. Red wine mostly
    I find it sets me on the wrong course when I do drink
    Trust the process, the results will come

Blog Entries

Mmmmmmmm SIngle malt!!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

You might find you can incorporate occasional red wine and still lose weight, but not G&Ts (because of the T).

I'm not sure where the snack comes in or how you think it might help. Rosey is quite right that chocolate is P3 and snacking generally isn't recommended - eat a maximum of 3 meals per day, is Zoe's guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat View Post
    Mmmmmmmm SIngle malt!!
    Gentleman Jack or Chivas - my favourite!
    Trust the process, the results will come