Thread: Sugar free cereal bars

Default Sugar free cereal bars

As a carb snack option can anyone advise the best sugar free cereal bars to try.
    Many Thanks

Club Plus Member

I really wouldn't go the way of snacks - you should be eating enough at mealtimes not to snack. If you must have something, raw veggies (chop some and leave them in the fridge), or maybe hardboiled eggs will keep you going. A carb snack is only likely to leave you craving more.

I don't think there are any labelled sugar free that aren't full of dried fruit, which is simply sugar in disguise.

Read the books, and do keep coming to the forum for advice!

Blog Entries

Deb what Sarah said is spot on. If you're getting really hungry between meals adjust your meals to be more satiating. You may find carb meals "run out" quicker as most people in the forum have found out and have predominantly fat meals. Don't be afraid of fatty meats they are much more satisfying.
    The main reason not to snack is to keep your insulin levels on an even keel. Insulin is the fat storing hormone so you don't want to keep spiking it.

Also any bars you can buy will be highly processed and full of sugar which will make it worse, insulin up, sugar gone, sugar crash hunger cycle starts up.
    Rosemary

Blog Entries

Hiya and welcome to the forums!

+1 for learning not to snack.

It is a habit that really is best not indulged.
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Thanks everyone for the advice.In the book it did say about cereal bars as a snack option It was really just a quick lazy option for a carb breakfast in case of emergency, to throw in my bag for hectic days but i will steer clear of these and take overnight oats. I rarely get the urge to snack,and am amazed that my life is not ruled by food anymore. Love the Harcombe way of life.20lbs down since beginning of Sept. Thanks again

Blog Entries

That's a fantastic result well done and so glad this way of eating suits you.
    Rosemary

Wow, 20lbs is a fantastic result.
    Keep on keeping on!
    Trust the process, the results will come

Blog Entries

These are definitely P3 and won't help weight loss but might be an answer to your need.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/l...b-granola-bars
    Rosemary