Thread: Newbie starting tomorrow

Club Plus Member

Default Newbie starting tomorrow

Hi Everyone
    I've been on every diet going including the shake diets i.e. Cambridge and Lighterlife. Both were very successful but always put the weight back on. Now just so fed up after decades of dieting. I've about 30lbs to loose so hoping this is my final time �� The only thing I'm not looking forward to is giving up milk in hot drinks and giving up tea and coffee �� Any tips would be great
    PS I did join years ago but never pursued the diet just wanted a quick fix

Itís yoyoing that scuppers so many people. You need to stop thinking diet and start thinking lifestyle change. Itís not a quick fix (although some people lose quite a bit in the initial 5 days of phase 1) but it is a re-education of eating habits with great effects.
    You donít need to give up tea and coffee just adjust to black decaf. Once in phase 2 you can have milk if you have that drink as part of your meal. You may find that you will find milky drinks too sweet.
    Welcome and good luck.

Hello! I quite agree with you about not having milk in tea and coffee However it’s not that bad if you make the drink quite weak!

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your journey
    Trust the process, the results will come

For tea, not squeezing the teabag is the key (because doing that releases bitter tannins). Teaspoon in mug, teabag on top, pour on boiling water and immediately whip the teabag out. It's quite refreshing, but you do have to get used to the taste.

Blog Entries

Welcome to your new way of life. I don't have milk at all and weaned myself off it by dimishing the amount I had in coffee and switching to green and herbal teas. After P1 you can have milk in tea and coffee when you have them with a meal.
    Rosemary

Blog Entries

BTW this us the only way of eating that has allowed me to bet healthier, lose weight and keep it off whilst eating great food.
    Rosemary