Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just starting out

I know it needs to be a new way of life & that's why I need to change my eating habits, as when I snack on crisps etc it isn't even as tho I am hungry it's just a bad habit I've gotten into!

Oh & someone must enjoy veggie scratchings cos the 1 site has sold out!!!

Blog Entries

Welcome from me, Debbie, too! Best of luck on your new journey to a healthier and slimmer you.
    "Insulin is the Miracle-Gro for your fat cells."
    David Ludwig, Prof. Nutrition Harvard School of Public Health

Hi
    Today is my last day on phase 1, I'm just getting prepared for phase 2 & been reading the book looking at menus as I'm going to be doing some batch cooking today! I'm a bit confused, why would vegetable kebabs be classed as a FAT starter & Quorn & vegetables in tomato sauce be classed as a FAT main when all of these ingredients can be used to go with either?
    Thanks everyone

Blog Entries

Hi Debbie,

chargrilled vegetable/vegetable kebabs, page 277 of SCCASLW. Can be eaten as a carb meal or fat meal in phase 1 or phase 2

I can't find the Quorn and vegetables in tomato sauce recipe, but again, it's going to be suitable as a fat meal or a carb meal.

" Quorn is more of a fat than a carb, but it is barely either" - page 247 SCCASLW

Most veg can be eaten with a fat or carb meal, except for potato which is carb.

Hope that helps, Linda
    Chaos: it's not just a theory... it's my life
    Linda: Reliably inappropriate...
    Living life like someone left the gate open

Hi
    In the book stop counting calories & start losing. I'm reading phase 2, sorry it was early when I was reading it, veg kebabs are classed as a carb starter but the Quorn & vegetables in tomato are classed as a fat main. Pages 135/136. Again couldn't both recipes be classed as either?
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Hi Debbie, the Quorn meal is definitely suitable for both carb and fat - you'll note that the letters at the end only say H (suitable for controlling hyperglycaemia) and V (vegetarian). Quorn is neither fat nor carb, so suitable to eat as either meal.

Cook, eat, enjoy xx

Thanks for your help
    just back from shopping, going to be making batches of veg chilli & ratatouille (hope I can fit it all in the freezer) & aubergine bake for Sunday!

Blog Entries

I'm veg phobic Debbie, but if that floats your aubergine boat I'm very happy for you

Blog Entries

Debbie I may be reading incorrectly between the lines, but it appears all your foods are pretty low fat. Do you eat cheese and eggs every day. On this journey they're mozt probably your best friends as an excellent way of getting prtoein and fat into your diet.

This is one of my favourite no meat dishes. http://www.bite.co.nz/recipe/9247/Ba...nd-mozzarella/
    Rosemary