Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just starting out

Default Just starting out

Hi there
    I'm about to start phase 1 tomorrow so spent the day doing my last research & some cooking.
    I hope I've got this right cos it looks like I've got loads to eat tomorrow!
    I'm having 50g of rice cereal for breakfast, I've made a red onion & pepper frittata & coleslaw for lunch with a tomato, pepper, onion & spinach soup, then butternut squash curry with the rest of my brown rice for tea! Also stocked up on some fruit teas!
    Hope I'm on the right track
    Debbie T

Blog Entries

Hi Debbie, welcome and I hope tomorrow goes well. Your menu looks good to me. It's vegetarian menu so you can have up to 150 grams of brown rice per day. (50 grams per day if you're a carnivore). Linda
    Chaos: it's not just a theory... it's my life
    Linda: Reliably inappropriate...
    Living life like someone left the gate open

Sounds perfect Debbie.
    Good luck with starting tomorrow.
    Trust the process, the results will come

Sounds good. Good luck!
    3 stone gone forever! Gluten free phase 3.

Hi
    As I was saying yesterday, today is my first day, early days but so far so good. The one thing I was wondering, I've got a soup maker so have again chucked in some veg (no spuds or mushrooms) ready for tomorrow, I know I read that it was ok to have soups as part of a main meal but is it ok to have a couple of cups just randomly through the day as I had a nice substantial lunch so didn't need it then?
    Thanks
    Debbie T

Blog Entries

Hi Debbie, I would discourage you from eating anything randomly through the day, because Harcombe advises that eat satisfying meals, 4 hours apart - so you give your pancreas a rest from producing insulin. If you have soup, or anything other than water, herbal tea or decaf coffee, then you're actually snacking.
    Chaos: it's not just a theory... it's my life
    Linda: Reliably inappropriate...
    Living life like someone left the gate open

Blog Entries

Spot on Linda. Soup is part of a meal. Ideal with salad.
    Rosemary

I'm glad your first day went well. If you're hungry it's ok to eat but best to avoid snacking just because you have food available. If you eat enough at mealtimes to last you until the next meal, you won't need to eat between meals.
    3 stone gone forever! Gluten free phase 3.

Hi everyone
    I'm feeling a little disheartened at the mo, all good on the food side, no soup today so that's ok, it's just that I got home early today, 2 o clock & I have only just finished prepping stuff! I've made the 15 min tomato sauce, I've chopped salad to go with that tonight, I've cooked brown rice & chopped salad for my lunch tomorrow, oh & boiled a couple of eggs to go in the salad. I know I'm following the vegetarian plan so prob having more salad & veg than some, but I'm just worried that I can keep it up for ever!!!!

Welcome to the forum You will find that you get into a rhythm. There is nothing wrong with using some ready prepped or frozen veg if it helps.