Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World Diabetes Day

Blog Entries

Default World Diabetes Day

Today, Tuesday 14th November is World Diabetes Day and to help support the awareness of the condition and The Noakes Foundation, we’ve scheduled a special promotion through Amazon.The Kindle version will be available on Amazon.com for $0.99 and Amazon.co.uk for £0.99 (starts 3am PST USA and 6am GMT UK)
    Plus a chance to win a limited edition hardback.Full details here...
    http://diabetesunpacked.com/2017/11/world-diabetes-day/

The truth is deafening, no matter how quietly spoken.

Thanks. Have just downloaded it.
    3 stone gone forever! Gluten free phase 3.

I cannot get is for $0.99
    It still shows it at $10.22
    Trust the process, the results will come

I downloaded the sample of the book available on kindle and Zoe's chapter convinced me that I needed to have this book.
    I have now bought the book

I think I should buy this book for mom for Christmas...

Blog Entries

Hi Christelle,
    I'm sorry that you couldn't get the promotional offer. For some reason, Amazon will only support the discount for UK and USA based purchases. Baffles me as to why.
    We're working to get copies down to TNF so that they can ship locally, I'll post an update when we've sorted it with them.

Thank you Andy.
    It is for such a good cause that I decided to splurge on it

Would love to get a proper book for mom though and our online bookshop (takealot.com) do not have this book available as yet

Blog Entries

TNF are looking to sell the book on takelot.com.
    If you can drop me an email to clubadmin, we'll sort something in the interim.

I have just spent the last hour and a half reading the book! So much varied and powerful information, and I liked the different writing styles. It felt easy to dip into different chapters and understand the gist of it, even if I was not reading slow enough to grasp all the science. Felt I had to come on here to say a huge thank you to Zoe and everyone involved in the book, and also for making it so available and cheap today.

To phrase Compostwoman: Wow, just wow!

I am not a medical inclined person and I battle to understand some of the terminology that is used (in most cases). I thought I would buy the book because it is such a worthy cause but I will not really read it because I am not THAT interested in diabetes. So last night I had the book and I thought, well I bought it now, I can just as well try and read it and see how I get along with it. I battled to get through the chapter of "setting the scene" with all the numbers of where we are and how we got here, then I battled with some of the things that Dr. Kendrick had written too, but then I reached the chapter by Dr. Jason Fung and suddenly I understood. Boy, did I underestimate the power of understanding. And the excitement that comes with it! The way that some of this is written makes it just so unbelievably easy to understand. I think I might understand Dr. Kendrick chapter better now. I will read it again (soon) but not before reading the other chapters too. Diabetes has become the nr.1 illness I do not want to have. It is scary beyond measure.

I cannot wait to continue reading the book tonight. Thank you to all involved in the book to make us "see"

Blog Entries

Thanks Christelle,
    we wanted the book to have something for everyone, which was a real challenge - Some like numbers, others don't; some like science, others struggle; some are exercise nuts, others not.... Certainly some chapters are more readable than others and one or two are really technical - I've read Tim's chapter 2/3 times and still struggle with some of it.
    However, on the whole, we think it's a nice balance of article from people who are definitely progressive thought leaders. And it's for a great cause too. Thanks for supporting it.

Andy