Thread: black coffee phase 1

Default black coffee phase 1

Does drinking Caffeine black coffee destroy the phase 1 results?

It’s a bit of a bone of contention amongst us. As far as I understand it the caffeine causes insulin release therefore drinking it across the day results in a drip, drip of insulin. Insulin, in turn, causes the body to store fat. So it’s probably better to drink decaf. However, some members have a cup or two of caffeinated across the day. It’s one of those situations that you may have to experiment and see how you react. Phase 1 is only 5 days so it’s worth trying to stick exactly to the rules to get the full benefit.

Blog Entries

I totally agree with Mamie. You're looking at a new way of life in this way of eating. I'd already changed to decaf by the time I started Harcombe so it wasn't an issue. There are some great brands that do a lovely decaf coffee for at home I use Fairtrade decaf Swiss water method, people in the UK swear by Lavazza. It really doesn't take much getting used to once you find the brand you like. When I was in the UK I found the Costa decaf alright but Cafe Nero (not sure if it's a chain) absolutely delicious. My sister in law supplied Waitrose decaf beans again absolutely delicious.
    Rosemary

I was a coffoholic. I drank all caff coffee as much as I could.
    When I started on Harcombe I couldn't face black bitter coffee, so went without coffee for 2 months. After that I switched to decaf and even I can not tell the difference between the two. I do know that if I have more than one caff coffee in a day, I get the shakes.
    I do have caff coffee from time to time, but now prefer decaf
    Trust the process, the results will come

I’m the same Christelle. I can only tolerate 1 caffeinated coffee, any more and I get the shakes, feel spaced out and as is i’ve got a hang over. Caffeine must be a powerful substance. I’m glad I don’t use it any more.

I didn't give up full caff coffee until about 3 years into my Harcombe journey! But I'm very glad not to be in its grip anymore. I don't personally think it negatively affects weight loss but there are a lot of benefits to not having it regularly - you're just more in control of your own brain for a start.

I do treat myself to some full caff black coffee on a Saturday and Sunday morning but stay off it the rest of the week. Like the others, I can only have 1 cup now, otherwise I end up with a headache.

Club Plus Member

I gave up caff coffe at the start of P1and felt seriously ill for more than5 days!
    I haven't had any coffee since or tea apart from peppermint tea!
    I do miss it though -Evan though I usually only drank it in the morning. It's the smell of it more than anything but after suffering from withdrawal I don't want to go back
    I haven't drunk caff tea either. I just stick to peppermint tea as I am unable to drink any other herbal tea. I like the idea but it just makes me want to vomit!
    I drink sparkling water and occasionally add a slice of lemon ( P2 ) or lime!

I've never been a full on caffeinated coffee junkie. I also limit myself to 2 cups at the most. What I've always done is have half caf when out, and when I use instant at home it's 2/3 decaf+1/3 Lavazza caf. It doesn't seem to influence weight.
    I really wish Lavazza would come out with an instant decaf. I'd be a happy bunny.
    Dear Stomach,you are bored,not hungry. So shut up.

I drink fully caffeinated coffee and it hasn't affected my weight loss. On most days I do only have one first thing though and even if I have 2 I don't drink it constantly throughout the day. I don't suffer any withdrawl if I have a few days without it. I don't have my breakfast until about 2 hours after having my morning coffee.
    3 stone gone forever! Gluten free phase 3.