Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Meat tax 'inevitable'

Me neither!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

AAARRRGGGGHHHH
    I only read the first couple of paragraphs and couldn't read more!!!
    Trust the process, the results will come

I still want an emissions figure for humans eating beans (sounds funny, but actually quite serious). Since eating THD (and when I'm strict) I am almost zero emissions - compared to ....like a racehorse on a rubbish diet. And you can't tell me that 7 billion of us have no effect!!

I agree Sarah.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah(sjc) View Post
    I still want an emissions figure for humans eating beans (sounds funny, but actually quite serious). Since eating THD (and when I'm strict) I am almost zero emissions - compared to ....like a racehorse on a rubbish diet. And you can't tell me that 7 billion of us have no effect!!
    Is that why Mexico is so damn hot????
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Cows save the planet by Judith Schwartz shows that with pasture grazing and careful management cattle can play a big role in capturing carbon in the soil so reducing rather than adding to climate change. Over time this can restore degraded soil which has the added advantage of easing the effects of both drought and flooding.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneS View Post
    Cows save the planet by Judith Schwartz shows that with pasture grazing and careful management cattle can play a big role in capturing carbon in the soil so reducing rather than adding to climate change. Over time this can restore degraded soil which has the added advantage of easing the effects of both drought and flooding.
    Yes exactly, that's why we can't even find a place to start with this article - we don't agree with either of the central premises - that people eating meat causes climate change (or more climate change than would be caused if we all stopped and just ate mountains of soy), and also that meat is unhealthy.

Thank you for posting the link MrJDW.

I am afraid I cannot bring myself to read it yet as I know from the comments above, as well as the title, that it will make me angry. Anger leads to tears of frustration. So I need to be in a calmer and more tolerant headspace before stepping into the anger inducing news item or OH will come home from work to find the ironing unfinished, the dinner still raw in the fridge and me wailing and gnashing my teeth which would not be a pretty sight.
    Gilli - DLTBGYD but more importantly KCHO

I feel your frustration Gilli.