Thread: Not feeling hungry.

Default Not feeling hungry.

Iím just not feeling hungry at all. Could be to do with the constipation but I can only manage one meal a day otherwise Iím cooking and wasting food as I just canít face it. Anyone else have this problem been?

This seems to be a fairly common problem when first starting out. I remember there was a thread a few months ago, with suggestions and help for someone else who had the same predicament. I'll see if I can find it for you.

Here's one: http://www.theharcombedietclub.com/f...hungry-problem

But there are others as well.

Personally I would enjoy it because in my experience appetite does come back and it's quite nice to not want to eat ll the time (maybe that's just me as I do suffer from cravings when eating lots of carbs). However if only managing one meal a day I would try to manage 2 meals if possible. Are you eating all fat meals? If so, you are likely fat burning and that tends to suppress appetite.

Try not to put too much on your plate at meal times as you might find it easier to eat 2 small meals than 1 large one. If you are constipated that may be part of the problem. How are you dealing with the constipation? If you can sort that out but just dont't have the appetite to eat a lot I would go for small meals but not worry too much about not feeling hungry. For me, my appetite did come back a little but I have accepted now that while I can manage 3 meals during work days (due to an early start), I am a 2 meals a day person for the rest of the time and that suits me fine.
    3 stone gone forever! Gluten free phase 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Florallle View Post
    Here's one: http://www.theharcombedietclub.com/f...hungry-problem

But there are others as well.
    excellent thank you

Thanks very much for your reply
    I'm working on the constipation with several things but trying to keep it natural. Unfortunately the only things that are working at present are dates, figs and liquorice. Which isn't good for candida.
    Re 3 meals- I read in the book that 3 meals were needed to keep blood sugars stable. I think I may try and eat less at each meal. I don't eat much anyway but maybe I need to cut down so I can digest easier? I have elhers danlos which affects the smooth muscle and digestion. Maybe that's playing up?

Thanks PerryPoole. I've been taking vit c up to 10,000 to try and shift it and drinking up to 3 litres when I can. I'll aim to drink more now I'm not travelling so much. Thank you for your reply.