Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 364243444546

Thread: January 2018 daily weigh in

Blog Entries

RM really delighted for you. How long before "doing a Christelle" becomes idiomatic usage accepted by the boffins at the Oxford English Dictionary? An expression, I would certainly like to adopt with both your permissions.

Christelle, really glad you are well below your 90. Well done. I hope you now have a regular duck egg supply.

HC well done on being at or around your natural weight again, do take care of that leg at work today.

Brie, do you really need something sweet to celebrate a "holiday"? It may seem unnatural at the moment, but maybe you should find a non edible way of acknowledging special days, which in the long run would be a good life-lesson for Libby and Zoe too. I am thinking perfume, bubble bath, bath bomb, nail varnish, fancy hair-bobble, warm hat, book, note-book, picture - could go on and on but I think you will have seen what I mean by now.

Really happy for all who are down from the beginning of January. As Christelle says onwards and downwards.

Yesterday I ate no cheese. This morning I stepped on the scale and it read 13:5.8. I am therefore down 1st 1lb (15lb) for the month of January. I am afraid the evidence is stacking up against cheese.
    Gilli - DLTBGYD

Blog Entries

Permission granted

I am afraid that you are right about the cheese, Gilli
    Maybe you should try different cheese?
    1st for one month is remarkable! Congratulations
    Trust the process, the results will come

Blog Entries

Thanks Christelle for your permission and your congrats.

I will just try to leave cheese out of the menu. I have used the generic word cheese, but I have eaten all different sorts from Cheddar and Stilton to Cambezola, Brie, Manchego, Gouda, Emmenthal, Camembert and think that avoidance will be the best strategy (just for now, or as RM would have it "Today I will eat no cheese".)
    Gilli - DLTBGYD

Congrats to all your great successes!
    My January was not that successful, but that is ok.
    Come on February

Thankyou fellow Harcombers. Joining this thread has kept me coming back to the forums and motivated to keep going.

It's been an interesting month. I am amazed at how food intolerance has affected people.

Gilli I am so pleased for you. Well done for avoiding cheese. Its one of my passions so maybe I should try to cut it out too.

Christelle indeed onward and downward.

Congrats to other downers, sympathy to uppers and oh well to sts. Keep on keeping on.

Well, im not a loser
    Instead...I'm up by 1/4lb.
    Not a lot, I know...but still discouraging. I think I know the cause...I made a batch of gluten free brownies for a friend...and yes, I tasted. Not too much, as the cacao I used gave me the jitters. ( one way to limit bad chocolate intake )
    Well done on all losses...I'm feeling quite envious.
    Dear Stomach,you are bored,not hungry. So shut up.

I also stayed the same and like Christelle I am happy with this (although unlike her it isn't TOTM for me!).

Gilli I wouldn't necessarily conclude that you have any kind of cheese intolerance unless you experience other physical symptoms apart from not losing weight post cheese days. It is very energy dense stuff and it could just be that on days when you consume cheese, you take on more energy providing food than you need. I understand Atkins limits it to 100g per day for this reason (but we won't go there as we don't count anything on THD).

I'm not criticising your strategy - if your focus is on weight loss, then cutting out cheese may well help you get there. I just wouldn't like to see you identifying it as a problem food and foregoing it permanently unnecessarily.

Blog Entries

Thanks MrJDW, I am not seeing it as a food intolerance merely a bar to losing weight.

I love cheese and have always preferred it to a dessert course even as a child, so I am aware that I am capable of overeating it. My determination is high at the moment and I am going to ride the crest of that wave for as far and as long as I can.
    Gilli - DLTBGYD

Sorry about the cheese, Gilli. Happy to see the loss, though.

Hope the workday goes well, HC.

Thinking good thoughts for everyone else.

I'm down again a bit, ending the month with a 8.7 pound loss. I'm wondering now if a light dinner is a good idea for me. Seems the evenings I have some salmon & veg I fare better the next day. I could eat salmon every day. I might give this idea a go.

Happy end of January!

Blog Entries

Well done on your loss Brie. Wishing you a happy fishy February.
    Gilli - DLTBGYD