Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: January 2018 Blitz - What's on the menu

Hoffi coffi Waitrose, Sainsbury and Twinings all do decaf earl grey. My favourite is Sainsbury as it is way cheaper than twinings and I prefer the taste too. Waitrose is only about ten pence more than sainsbugs own.

B nothing just decaf tea
    L sausages and celeriac chips
    D cottage pie with swede mash

Um... and some ready salted crisps! Oops...
    Last edited by Soupee; 15th January 2018 at 06:04 AM.

Club Plus Member
    Blog Entries

Day 14
    B:NLY
    L:
    Bacon scrambled egg salad ( restaurant style but all organic)
    D? Am currently away from home but it will be P1 just not cooked by me!
    Drinks sparkling water peppermint tea

Blog Entries

Thank you all for sharing your blitz meals on this thread.
    I think we will resurrect the original thread from tomorrow
    Trust the process, the results will come

Blog Entries

Thank you for starting this thread, Christelle!

Day 14

11:30am: black decaf coffee

12:30pm: leftover swordfish, plain omelet, cooked in olive oil & butter. This tasted absolutely delicious to me! I was savoring every bite. (I’ve noticed this about myself: when I’m eating real food, especially Phase 1 foods, I find that I like to take my time, take smaller bites, chew more thoroughly, and immerse myself in the experience. When I begin to let a few moreish things into my diet, I eat so much more quickly and keep on eating, without stopping to think about it very much.) I sat at the table next to OH who was eating his favorite breakfast of cereal, milk, maple syrup, and berries. As appealing as his looked, mine by far tasted so much better than what I knew his tasted like. It satisfied a different part of my brain and body, in a deeper more meaningful way. The simplicity of it was also very refreshing somehow.

2:15pm: strawberries and blueberries

At 3pm we were at a birthday party for one of OH’s grandson’s, his 5th birthday, and we left six hours later at 9pm!

4:15pm (food I brought with me because they only had sandwiches filled with creamy chicken salad and egg salad, and pasta shells stuffed with cheeses): turkey salad made with speedy mayo (using avocado oil), celery and onion; raw carrot/celery/onion pieces; seltzer water with lemon & lime.

You know how when you see someone you don’t want to interact with you turn your back on them and move away? Well I used that strategy when they brought out the vanilla ice cream! The cake and wine didn’t bother me (although I found myself avoiding looking at the wine...which everyone was drinking, except for some of the guys who drank beer) but vanilla ice cream is my eternal lover. I shunned it like a cruel, unfeeling mistress! Not that it cared one bit; it had plenty of other people to show it their love!

9:45pm (at home): raspberry herbal tea

It’s too late to eat so I’ll just go to bed without a third meal. Not hungry, more tired than anything.
    Phase 1 makes me feel like my vibrating nervous system has been switched off. Blissful calm.

Very impressed you took your own food. Loved your idea of shunning the ice cream like someone you do not want to talk to. I think we share the same past lover!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CatherineN View Post
    Very impressed you took your own food. Loved your idea of shunning the ice cream like someone you do not want to talk to. I think we share the same past lover!
    As soon as I learned of the party, I started planning what I needed to buy and prepare to have ready to bring with me. Thankfully they pay me no attention as they’re used to this!

Hahaha, I’m sure vanilla ice cream has cheated on both of us with who knows how many other lovers?!!!
    Phase 1 makes me feel like my vibrating nervous system has been switched off. Blissful calm.