Thread: Pheasant Recipes

Club Plus Member

Default Pheasant Recipes

Does anyone have any phase 2 friendly pheasant recipes please

Club Member

You could casserole with bacon, shallots/leeks and other veg, cooking it long and slow. This how I use to do my pheasants so they did not become dried out.

Google pheasant casserole, loads of ideas which could adapt.

Club Plus Member

Thanks Christine.
    I have Googled but all the recipes seem to have lots of Cider in them which would be mixing.

I'd follow one of them, substituting stock for the cider if you want to be totally THD, and then reduce and chuck in a bit of mustard and a load of cream at the end (remove the pheasant while you reduce the stock down, then return to the pan to warm through again at the end).

Club Plus Member

Thanks Mr JDW but that wouldn't work with my favourite recipe and I am dairy intolerant. I do appreciate the advice though. Thanks again.

Club Plus Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrJDW View Post
    I'd follow one of them, substituting stock for the cider if you want to be totally THD, and then reduce and chuck in a bit of mustard and a load of cream at the end (remove the pheasant while you reduce the stock down, then return to the pan to warm through again at the end).
    I did take your advice and try this Mr JDW and despite my reservations about it working with my favourite recipe you were absolutely right - it worked superbly. I swapped the cider for chicken stock and added mustard and cream. The original recipe used Crème Fraiche but without the cider I thought this may have been a little sour. I am dairy intolerant but risked a stall for the small amount used, although I hope I don't stall, as it was delicious and I hope to use this recipe again and again. Many thanks for the sound advice Mr JDW.