Thread: Milk

Question Milk

68 years young. started phase one. Managed to cut out caffine tea using decaf (horrid headaches). However I dont drink alcohol, smoke or like fizzy drinks . Can stay with the rest of the diet well, but Oh! I like milk in my tea. Managed to go from full fat to semi skimmed just cant get to none ! How much am I messing up on about 6 cups of tea with semi milk?

Club Plus Member
    Blog Entries

Phase1 is dairy free to address the 3 conditions. By having milk you are on Phase2. Could you swap your tea with milk for a fruit tea or herbal tea?
    Good luck

Blog Entries

I, personally, would ditch it!

Can you drink decaf coffee without milk?
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Have to agree I prefer milk in my tea - just the teeniest drip - but you know, P1 is about doing without milk. It is only 5 days and it depends on whether you want to do it according to the book or whether you want to "tweak" it.

I'd suggest doing the five days of Phase 1 properly, ie without milk, then re-introduce it on P2 and see if your weight loss is stalled or candida symptoms return.
    Sue

Stick to the 5 days with no milk but if and when you do reintroduce it there is no need for skimmed unless you are mainly eating carb meals.

In my opinion, it all depends on why you are doing this diet.

If you need/want to lose a lot of weight, then stick to the rules and you can't go far wrong. But if the thought of tea without milk is likely to make you fall off the wagon, then I would be a little concerned.

What are the alternatives? Consider them and then choose the option that you are most likely to be able to manage for the rest of your life which isn't going to be too far from THD.