Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm Brian from Hampshire UK

Hello Brian an welcome to our lovely online community.
    No question or comment is out of bounds and we are past masters at high jacking threads and going off at tangents. It just adds to the variety.
    Excellent photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Christelle View Post
    Welcome to the forum Brian.
    Good to meet another South African on here (although you are not stationary in SA at the moment)...
    I'm a Brit [1] Christelle; the SA reference was that I had used the RMR site mainly for its tracker. Sorry for the confusion.

[1] Originally from the south-west of England, on the North Devon/Cornwall border.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilli View Post
    Welcome to this forum Brian.

You will find yourself among like-minded folk here, and although not strictly a ketogenic diet many of us on THD eat mainly (or exclusively) fat meals and Mat's recent tracking of macros shows that his intake meets both LCHF and THD without difficulty or fat loading. However, as a lean successful follower of LCHF you may find you need to fat load more than those of us who still have a spare tyre to lose.
    Thanks Gilli,

I only relatively recently, fairly late in life came to the realisation that I had to do something about my weight and overall health. In the first picture I am 66 years old, weighing around 16.5 stone and recently diagnosed with pre-diabetes, the second picture [1] shows me at 70 with my weight well under 13 stone and with no diabetes issues according to my 70+ GP checkup. After decades of believing that I should eat at least one portion of starchy food a day I was no doubt a victim of metabolic syndrome to a greater or lesser extent and strict tracking in order to keep my daily nett carbs below 25g was how I dealt with the symptoms. It doesn't take a very big increase in carb intake to start my weight increasing again so I conclude that although I can control the weight and blood sugar with diet, I still have the underlying condition. I don't fat load for the sake of it - being happy to get my fat from the food I eat although with one indulgence, my morning coffee with a little butter in it; not a bulletproof coffee by any means but maybe a little fat load.
    I'd be interested to see details of Mat's tracking, could you point me to the thread?

[1] After the weight came off I felt well enough to exercise and joined a local kettlebell group for a weekly workout - that has gradually increased to 3 sessions a week.

Blog Entries

Yes, of course. Mat blogged it last week here is the first day of the n=1 experiment running through to Tuesday 6 February.

He also had a thread here
    Gilli - DLTBGYD

Blog Entries

You should be very proud of your health and fitness success Brian. So many give in to debilitating diseases because they do not see any other option. Well done for kicking diabetes into the long grass for the time being.
    Gilli - DLTBGYD

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brian.jordan9 View Post
    I'm a Brit [1] Christelle; the SA reference was that I had used the RMR site mainly for its tracker. Sorry for the confusion.

[1] Originally from the south-west of England, on the North Devon/Cornwall border.
    Not an issue at all. You are welcome either way even if you are not a saffer (as Mat refers to us SA folk)
    Trust the process, the results will come

Blog Entries

Brian periodically fellow Harcombers get together for lunch there's an up coming one in Cardiff this weekend. Another one is being organised in Birmingham in April. http://www.theharcombedietclub.com/f...-up-14th-April

Don't know if this would interest you.
    Rosemary

Quote Originally Posted by Gilli View Post
    ...Well done for kicking diabetes into the long grass for the time being.
    Enough of "for the time being" already! I am convinced that I will sustain this with constant vigilance.

Roseymary, I can't make either of those but I'll look out for future dates.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian.jordan9 View Post
    Enough of "for the time being" already! I am convinced that I will sustain this with constant vigilance.
    That's the way to do it Brian.