Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie on P1

Blog Entries

Ah we posted very close together.
    Gilli - DLTBGYD

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forums Barbara!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Club Member

Hello and welcome from me also Barbara.

Yesterday I had breakfast muffins for breakfast., they had spinach, bacon, tomato and egg in them. Salad of lettuce tomato cucumber pepper and radish and chicken for lunch. Salmon and stir fried veg - courgette, spinach, pepper, asparagus, baby corn, onion, for evening meal. I has some NLY as a pudding after my evening meal. There was some brown rice at lunch time leftover from the 50g I had cooked the night before.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara P View Post
    Yesterday I had breakfast muffins for breakfast., they had spinach, bacon, tomato and egg in them. Salad of lettuce tomato cucumber pepper and radish and chicken for lunch. Salmon and stir fried veg - courgette, spinach, pepper, asparagus, baby corn, onion, for evening meal. I has some NLY as a pudding after my evening meal. There was some brown rice at lunch time leftover from the 50g I had cooked the night before.
    That looks like very good P1 food to me Barbara. Don't forget the no mixing rule kicks in after Day 5 P1, so you would not be able to add any of the "rice allowance" to a fat meal from Day 6 onwards.
    Gilli - DLTBGYD

Thanks for that Gilli I am a bit worried about the non mixing thing. I am thinking of staying on P1 a bit longer but realise i still cant mix carbs and fats after day 6. It's quite a lot to get my head round. I've read the book and re read and understand the science and the nutrition it just seems to go out of my head when actually deciding what goes with what. Not helped by the reality that somethings go with either. I am sure I'll get there. It's all just so new, a very different way of looking at food and nutrition. I have to say the stir fry veg were really tasty done in a bit of Olive oil.

Blog Entries

You will soon get the hang of it Barbara. For many of us it is now second nature so just give yourself time to adapt and keep checking the book, or asking on the forum, if you are unsure about things. When you move to P2 go slowly and read the thread started by Hattie the Cattie which gives some really good advice.

Mostly P2 is just P1 plus those things which do not cause stalling or gaining. It does enable a bit of variety which is harder to accomplish if sticking with P1 However, discovering what you can thrive on and what trips you up is a very individual journey which needs to be taken one small step at a time. The most important bit is not thinking that you can leap straight into P3 cheats and get away with them just because you are no longer following the stricter P1 rules.
    Gilli - DLTBGYD

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mamie View Post
    Not a million miles from me. I live near Ramsbottom.
    Used to drive past Ramsbottom going to work in Manchester. I lived in Rawtenstall for 7 years many moons ago.
    Rosemary

Thanks for the welcome and the support very helpful

You probably drove past me Rosey.

Barbara, I'd advise keeping the book nearby with a bookmark at the list pages. If you stick to the allowed lists for each phase, you cant really go far wrong.