Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Start of P2 today

Quote Originally Posted by Mamie View Post
    My heart sinks when I see “tuna”. It smacks of low fat to me.
    Not if it's smothered in homemade mayo

And you can add some olives for extra fat. Don't forget, it's the fat that helps you to feel satiated for longer.
    Last edited by grumbleweed; 16th April 2018 at 10:07 PM.
    Dear Stomach,you are bored,not hungry. So shut up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by grumbleweed View Post
    Love homemade mayo!
    Find what works for your body. Don't cheat yourself too often or too much.

I’m a fish lover but tuna, even with mayo, is probably my least favourite.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by justsara View Post
    I think of 7pm as an early dinner - with work and care stuff, we rarely eat before 8pm, frequently 9pm. Today I had a late breakfast about 10am, then nothing until 8pm. It's surprising how much hunger is a habit, fuelled by blood sugar peaks and troughs.
    Yesterday (this only happens on Mondays) I had breakfast at around 09:00 - MrJDW describes them as "hearty" - was hungry at 13:00, had 150ml kefir and then went on quite happy until after dance which was at 21:45 with no hypoglycemia or a feeling of starvation. TBH, I would have been able to go to bed without the meal but I was looking forward to having the food

Quote Originally Posted by grumbleweed View Post

And you can add some olives for extra fat. Don't forget, it's the fat that helps you to feel satiated for longer.
    I agree the fat makes you fuller for longer

I’m a fish lover but tuna, even with mayo, is probably my least favourite.
    I find tuna a bit dry - even with mayo. Give me a can of sardines and I am as happy as can be
    (but I do prefer red meat...)
    Trust the process, the results will come

Sorry guys good advice but I am up at 6am with a full day I couldn't fit in a meal at 10am. Also does the plan not encourage us to have 3 meals a day and avoiding snacks?

Maybe i should say I am full time carer for my disabled daughter who needs full support and hoisting so I have done a couple of hours work just getting her and ready for college. Not sure I could face that daily without some food in me.

Club Plus Member

My heart sinks when I see “tuna”. It smacks of low fat to me.
    Not with amount of mayo I like on it....

Ooh, I can see a theme, now I posted that!

Club Plus Member

Not sure if I missed something, but why are you having oats and fruit at lunchtime (carb meal) rather than a fat meal? If I eat carbs at 1pm, I will be starving by 4.30, if not sooner. Yesterday, I had 2 eggs scrambled with a knob of butter at around 8.30, meaty salad with a generous amount of olive oil and lemon juice after 1.30 (was hungry, but not ravenous), and the lamb keema recipe from Toni bell at around 7.30, probably later as OH very late yesterday. I was pretty hungry by then. Munched on a couple of carrot sticks while waiting.

That was Day I P1 - on Monday I had a low carb hotel breakfast, carby airline food, a prawn sandwich, and a cheese and ham roll with a chink of Brie on the side. And was still hungry/fancying stuff. I was pretty knackered, mind, and tend to want carbs then.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara P View Post
    Sorry guys good advice but I am up at 6am with a full day I couldn't fit in a meal at 10am. Also does the plan not encourage us to have 3 meals a day and avoiding snacks?
    Hi Barbara, 3 meals with no snacking is perfect.
    We were just concerned that you may be starving by the time you get to dinner as carbs do not last that long.
    If it is working for you, then please, continue
    Trust the process, the results will come

OK thanks guys I'm sill at early stages and trying to find out what works for me. It might be a moot point as I think the berries are causing nausea and dizziness. Possibly hypoglycaemia related. Right now I'm not too concerned with weight loss I am trying to find ways to make P2 work in my life, so that I can maintain it long term. Anyway thanks for the advice it given me stuff to think about and try.