Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Start of P2 today

Default Start of P2 today

Hi I am moving to P2 today and don't think I will be doing anything drastically different immediately as I want to get into the new way of eating. So the week I am just introducing a few berries so I can have the oats, yoghurt fruit for lunch. Is it OK to have fruit everyday or is that an individual thing? I am using low fat NLY with the oats. I am planning to have this as lunch because i can pre plan and take it wherever I am as I am often in different places on different days. Its easier for me to stick wth bacon and eggs for breakfast and do the oats for lunch. Thanks.

Blog Entries

It should not be an issue to have oats, fruit and low fat / fat free NLY daily.
    If you find that you stall, you might want to reconsider this but if you are loosing, then keep on going. Also keep a watch on cravings as fruit is sugar and can drive sugar cravings
    Trust the process, the results will come

All fine in terms of rules - I just know that if this were me, with a lunch like that, I'd be ravenous long before dinner time, and in danger of snacking. But we are all different.

Blog Entries

I agree with Mr JDW as I would be ravenous with jusst oats, yoghurt and fruit. So see how you go.
    Rosemary

Fruit is so easy to carry around for a quick meal but personally I would be very wary of it. No fruit has ever filled me up enough to get me through to the next meal and I do tend to feel sleepy after a banana!

After a good breakfast of bacon and eggs, do you think you could miss lunch all together? I know that's not the recommended way to eat, but it does work for me if I know I'm not going to be able to eat my normal lunch.

skipping lunch would have me starving by 3pm and ready to eat anything in sight. I have had oats yogurt fruit at lunch today and yes I am now starting to feel hungry. and its 5.30pm. Part of my problem is that we eat late around 6.30/7pm in the evening, finding anything to keep going that long is quite hard. i do find oats very filling though. Thanks for the responses. I guess I have to try and see. Weight wise I will only know when I weigh in on Saturday.

Also I am at home some days so I will probably have salad and tuna or some meat.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara P View Post
    skipping lunch would have me starving by 3pm and ready to eat anything in sight. I have had oats yogurt fruit at lunch today and yes I am now starting to feel hungry. and its 5.30pm. Part of my problem is that we eat late around 6.30/7pm in the evening, finding anything to keep going that long is quite hard. i do find oats very filling though. Thanks for the responses. I guess I have to try and see. Weight wise I will only know when I weigh in on Saturday.
    Obviously Barbara you know yourself better than others know you. However, you might be surprised at how long you can go on a good hearty fat breakfast without feeling hungry again. May I suggest that on one of your "at home" days you try giving yourself a late fat breakfast at sometime after 10:00 and maybe as late as 13:00 and see when you actually feel hungry again? When I do that I can only manage 2 meals in the day. I should say that I rarely have a carb meal and have fat meals habitually.
    Gilli - DLTBGYD

My heart sinks when I see “tuna”. It smacks of low fat to me.

Blog Entries

I think of 7pm as an early dinner - with work and care stuff, we rarely eat before 8pm, frequently 9pm. Today I had a late breakfast about 10am, then nothing until 8pm. It's surprising how much hunger is a habit, fuelled by blood sugar peaks and troughs.
    Find what works for your body. Don't cheat yourself too often or too much.