Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Dr Malcolm Kendrick continues his . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen B View Post
    Wow, I never knew lead was that harmful.

I'm glad it has been removed from petrol as I live close to a busy main road.
    Absolutely, and until recently I lived in houses with lead piping. From early childhood through most of the houses we have lived in during our marriage there has been a special drinking water tap and all other water to be treated as if it has been in contact with lead. Even the drinking water had to be run through for a minute or so to ensure that you weren't drinking what had been sitting in the pipe.
    Gilli - DLTBGYD but more importantly KCHO

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen B View Post
    Wow, I never knew lead was that harmful.

I'm glad it has been removed from petrol as I live close to a busy main road.
    Although aircraft JET fuel doesn't use LEAD the fuel used by piston engine aircraft may still be using low lead fuel, car racing enthusiasts should also be aware that Leaded Racing Fuel is available for sale in 25&200 litre drums and while it may only be a small amount it could build up if you spend a lot of time maintaining racing or custom cars.

Also, if you live in a historic house don't lick the paintwork!

Cholesterol is innocent. How the real killers were tracked down By Jerome Burne
    Here is an excellent summary of Dr Kendricks theory of the cause of heart disease as he outlined in his discussion with Ivor Cummins.

I recommend everyone downloads a copy to share with anyone who is considering Statin Therapy.

There are better ways of improving vascular function, lowering blood pressure and improving endothelial function.
    Apart from diet and lifestyle changes supplementing with Vitamin C, Vitamin d3, magnesium and omega 3 could be considered.

Thank you Ted. I will definitely save that for passing on later.

That's really interesting Ted and very readable. Thanks. Even though I know that cholesterol isn't the problem, I struggle to explain to others why this is the case. Articles like this make it easier to explain.