Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More attacks on the ketogenic diet

Default More attacks on the ketogenic diet

I prefer the Harcombe way of eating, but we can be keto if we want. But the constant attack on low carb diets is constant in Australia. I hope this is an indication that managing carbohydrates is seen as a sensible option.

https://www.mindbodygreen.com/articl...hy-to-avoid-it
    One is too many a thousand not enough.

Mmm. Interesting article Rosemary. I think you are right about this not being an attack on ketogenic diets because in fairness this chap is saying that keto isn't for everyone. He is pointing out some of the downsides of a ketogenic diet not saying there should be an absolute prohibition on it.

There is an abstract for a paper from the 1970s on Eskimo/Inuit diet and coronary artery disease, but unfortunately the whole paper is behind a paywall so I cannot access it (cheapskate that I am) and that could be interesting.

I think he is right that keto isn't right for everyone. But the other side of that coin is that keto is right for some people and may even be right for the majority of people.

If only the dieticians had a similar viewpoint and open-minded approach.
    Gilli - DLTBGYD but more importantly KCHO

Unfortunately, he ended by emphasizing the benefits of a whole, plant based foods diet.
    Dear Stomach,you are bored,not hungry. So shut up.

As I read more and more about diet, combined with a healthy sprinkling of conspiracy theory, I do wonder if only Harcombe, LCHF and Keto advocates will survive in the long term. And the world will depopulate naturally to a sustainable level?
    My mind is like my PC screen: 19 tabs open on the top bar, 3 of them are frozen, 25 half written emails on the bottom bar, and I have no idea where the music is coming from...

Hope so. To be honest, on a personal level, I will do what suits me, and the hell with the rest of it. Spend too much time getting worked up about stuff that’s not changing my view, and trying to change people that don’t want to change.

+1 for what Sarah said.

Club Plus Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah(sjc) View Post
    Hope so. To be honest, on a personal level, I will do what suits me, and the hell with the rest of it. Spend too much time getting worked up about stuff thatís not changing my view, and trying to change people that donít want to change.
    Ditto Sarah

And the next day in my news feed keto cycling, but of course healthy whole grains on your carb days, what's wrong with high carb vegetables for goodness sake.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/he...3bea97fcb811dc
    One is too many a thousand not enough.

It sounds difficult
    Train HIIT, them MISS and only then can you go back to a Keto diet - no thank you
    Trust the process, the results will come

Quote Originally Posted by roseymary View Post
    And the next day in my news feed keto cycling, but of course healthy whole grains on your carb days, what's wrong with high carb vegetables for goodness sake.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/he...3bea97fcb811dc
    Agreed RM...and, from what I understand, carb cycling is reserved for athletes...not for most of us ordinary people.