Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Carnivore anyone?

Default Carnivore anyone?

Interesting read, one of our members is on meat only at present and enjoying it's results.

https://nypost.com/2018/07/24/new-di...k-and-burgers/
    One is too many a thousand not enough.

Perhaps someone should remind the cardiologist that the human body only needs about 5g of glucose in the blood stream at any one time (= 1tsp) so the requirements for gluconeogenesis if following a meat only diet aren't exactly going to put a strain on the system.

Thanks for finding an interesting read Rosemary.
    Gilli - DLTBGYD but more importantly KCHO

Very interesting Rosemary, thanks.
    Sue - the first "no thank you" is the easiest

Couldn’t eat a whole one...

I wonder how eating nothing but beef stacks up nutritionally. Surely beef alone doesn't contain absolutely everything we need in sufficient quantities, even though I know it scores well for lots of things. Aren't these people going to be seeing some effects of deficiencies after a year or more of eating like this?

I could see myself doing this for a quick fix - pre-holiday or something (in preference to the egg fast anyway!) but not long-term.

Why should it be viewed differently than being veggie or vegan. If it suits someone’s tastes and they are fit and well that’s the important thing. Personally, I can’t believe that someone who’s fit and well is necessarily building up problems for the future.

Club Member

I read that with interest.

My understanding was that whilst our forebears of many years ago did eat a lot of meat and fish (learning how to trap and catch), they also foraged for nuts and berries and did find some 'greens' they could eat.

There are lots of carnivores on Twitter - a couple at least are well respected medical doctors - they've been doing it for years and years and certainly appear healthier than veggies, vegans or the CICO herds.

I believe a minimal level of forage foods may be included. I'll round up some info and post later
    My mind is like my PC screen: 19 tabs open on the top bar, 3 of them are frozen, 25 half written emails on the bottom bar, and I have no idea where the music is coming from...

I've been reading a lot about zero carb and carnivorous diets recently. It makes for fascinating reading...not read the link yet though. I'll find a few informative sites shortly.
    Dear Stomach,you are bored,not hungry. So shut up.

Club Member

The media and the majority of medical professionals threw their hands up in horror when the original Atkins eating plan came on the scene, bemoaning too much protein and the damage it would do to.