Thread: Is Glyphosate really safe...?

Default Is Glyphosate really safe...?

I choose this report of the story that Monsanto were ordered to pay $289 million because it further raises the question about the 'Herbicide's' safety. I could have chosen any newspaper/TV as it was global news yesterday

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...cer-trial.html

If, like us, you have concerns about the product there is some further reading on work by an investigative journalist here...
    http://ecofarmingdaily.com/glyphosate-a-toxic-legacy/

And if you'd like some more information about the product, I've uploaded a couple of videos of a presentation that we saw by Stephanie Seneff.
    http://www.theharcombedietclub.com/l...ea/glyphosate/

Interesting that Homebase have announced today that they are removing products that contain Glyphosate from its stores. I went into B&Q a couple of months and asked if they had any glyphosate free weed killers. There were non. Every single option contained the product and carried a serious health warning.
    The truth is deafening, no matter how quietly spoken.

Thanks for the "roundup" on this subject Andy.

I have tended towards the organic approach to gardening for a long time and found that a flame thrower is a pretty effective tool when dealing with a garden sized plot. I know that farmers have a different perspective.

I will read your links with interest. Thanks.
    Gilli - DLTBGYD but more importantly KCHO

And yet a few years ago when I quizzed a broadacre farmer friend about it's safety he swore it wass harmless, like drinking salty water. When asked how much he drank he fell silent.
    A very harmful product in the wrong hands.
    One is too many a thousand not enough.

As reported previously, in the hamlet of 12 houses (24 residents) where I live - 3 woman have had cancer in the last 3 years. 2 of these women are consistently reporting new cancers, and are on an endless treadmill of oncology appointments. Both my dogs died of cancer in the same year I contracted it.

We live surrounded by wheat fields, and at this time of year we keep the doors and windows shut because we can see the chemical clouds floating over our gardens.

Correlation or causation? We're minimising the risk, but recognise that we cannot avoid it. Xx
    My mind is like my PC screen: 19 tabs open on the top bar, 3 of them are frozen, 25 half written emails on the bottom bar, and I have no idea where the music is coming from...

Forum Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lindam View Post
    As reported previously, in the hamlet of 12 houses (24 residents) where I live - 3 woman have had cancer in the last 3 years. 2 of these women are consistently reporting new cancers, and are on an endless treadmill of oncology appointments. Both my dogs died of cancer in the same year I contracted it.

We live surrounded by wheat fields, and at this time of year we keep the doors and windows shut because we can see the chemical clouds floating over our gardens.

Correlation or causation? We're minimising the risk, but recognise that we cannot avoid it. Xx
    That is heartbreaking Linda x

Hi Piper, We are not an unusual case in rural settings. I am grateful that of the 3 women, I'm the REALLY lucky one!

To back up what Gilli and Andy are saying - avoid chemicals where you can, read the labels (fast becoming my mantra for life not just food). Choose natural, untampered with remedies wherever possible.
    My mind is like my PC screen: 19 tabs open on the top bar, 3 of them are frozen, 25 half written emails on the bottom bar, and I have no idea where the music is coming from...

Quote Originally Posted by Gilli View Post
    Thanks for the "roundup" on this subject Andy.

I have tended towards the organic approach to gardening for a long time and found that a flame thrower is a pretty effective tool when dealing with a garden sized plot. I know that farmers have a different perspective.

I will read your links with interest. Thanks.
    My aunt tried that and fetched up with the fire brigade on the doorstep!

The problem with glyphosate seems to be as much connected with over use - eg spraying immediately prior to harvest - as anything. Sodium chlorite was a better option, but bomb makers agreed....

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah(sjc) View Post
    My aunt tried that and fetched up with the fire brigade on the doorstep!

The problem with glyphosate seems to be as much connected with over use - eg spraying immediately prior to harvest - as anything. Sodium chlorite was a better option, but bomb makers agreed....

Brilliant result - no weeds, free BBQ and hunky firemen

Now been found in Cereal and Bread

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...AD-CEREAL.html

More reasons to avoid wheat.
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

'glyphosate chemical residue in barley has risen from 1.8% in 2012/2014 to 25.7% in 2017/ 2018.

Pre harvest spraying with glyphosate is and increasing trend'

From this morning Twitter feed.