Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mood Food...

Default Mood Food...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-45641628

I'm sure most of us already knew that eating well can improve the mood. However, they do tend to be referring to a Mediterranean diet as "plant based" when it isn't really. It is going to include fish, eggs, dairy and some meat anyway!
    Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution. Anne O'Neil

And what about sunshine? I'm guessing that plays a big role.
    One is too many a thousand not enough.

Nah - Australia is a black swan on that one...

Loads-a grumpy Aussies!

*I am definitely joking about this!!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

I don't think sunshine is that important really... the vast majority of north Americans are also suffering some sort of depression or other. I do believe however, that good food, a decent living environment and better work conditions can play a massive role. There aren't so many depressed people in Iceland...
    Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution. Anne O'Neil

There arent so many people in Iceland full stop.

Sunshine is absolutely crucial for general health - lack of sun exposure is as harmful as smoking.

True, but per head of population as it were, there are fewer who suffer mental health disorders such as depression. I'm not saying that to many people sunshine isn't a factor, but for most, it comes down to eating well (so-called developed societies that is) and having a work / life balance that is far better.

I agree with Anne that North America bucks the trend in terms of role sunshine plays. it's undoubtedly important so alongside other factors I think

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffi coffi View Post
    I agree with Anne that North America bucks the trend in terms of role sunshine plays. it's undoubtedly important so alongside other factors I think
    Absolutely!

Sunshine = Vit D = Vital for health!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Which doesn't necessarily equate to living in hot, sunny countries...