Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you eat slaughter-free meat?

Default Would you eat slaughter-free meat?

This is weird, sure it doesn't count as natural, unprocessed food. They talk about wastage with wanting only chicken breast or wing, but how about using all the meat on a nice free range, naturally reared chicken and then using the carcass to make stock (as we do!)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45865403

I am not keen of the idea of eating meat grown in a lab, but can see why it appeals to many.

Much as it seems to go against nature, it might be that with ever increasing populations we have to look at things like this. Hopefully not in my lifetime and once it becomes main stream our descendants might think nothing of it. No stranger than Quorn or tofu I suppose.

Weird, but probably better than soylent green...

Definitely.

Club Member

No thanks.

I use every bits of a chicken (apart from the bones after making stock). If an animal has given up its life for me to eat well, it is only right I do not waste any part of it.

I have a cousin who goes shooting and fishing and he is of the same thinking, if one can and is not going to eat what is killed then do not kill. His boys have been brought up in the same vein. No shooting just because you can.

I'd prefer not to, but I could see it as being perfect for fast food companies like McDonald's and BurgerKing. But I fear there will come a time when this is the norm and future generations will have forgotten...or simply will not know...what a chicken is. It's bad enough now that children don't know where food comes from.
    Dear Stomach,you are bored,not hungry. So shut up.

As an alternative to caged chickens, a great idea when demand strips supply. I chose free range because I can afford it but not everyone can.
    One is too many a thousand not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineJ View Post
    No thanks.

I use every bits of a chicken (apart from the bones after making stock). If an animal has given up its life for me to eat well, it is only right I do not waste any part of it.

I have a cousin who goes shooting and fishing and he is of the same thinking, if one can and is not going to eat what is killed then do not kill. His boys have been brought up in the same vein. No shooting just because you can.
    Couldn’t agree with you more - although I’m not a big fan of offal, I do think we should use every last scrap. I hate waste at the best of times, and to waste something that died is a dreadful thing to do!

It is not exactly an appealing idea for the human race to go in this direction, but I do think I'd probably rather eat this than not be allowed to eat meat at all. I'd probably take it in preference to the insects I gather we're all going to be encouraged to switch to as well.