Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think this is too much food

ShereeKim
    Visitor

Default I think this is too much food

Today I had yoghourt for breakfast, a couple of slices of chicken for lunch and this evening I stir fried chicken, peppers, chilli, onions and put on top of mashed (with butter) cauliflower and broccolli, followed by a handful of blueberries and greek yoghourt. Although I didn't eat much during the day my evening meal seemed such a lot - is it too much?

My other question is this - am I right in thinking that I can have any vegetable in the fat meal except potatoes and possibly parsnips, beetroot and carrots which should are only good for a carb meal?

Sorry one more question - I can use olive oil to fry with in a carb meal? Is there a limit to how much I can use?

thanks so much for being here

ShereeKim

Hiya,

Q1 - That sounds perfect! - The key is to not be hungry - Eat until you are comfortably full

Q2 - Yup - That is spot on!

Q3 - You can indeed use olive oil to fry with in carb meals - I tend to use 1/2 - 1 tbsp depending on the size of the meal.

Welcome to the forums by the way - Great to have you aboard!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Ooops this could be where I've been going wrong and not losing much since starting p2, I've been eating carrots with fat meals thinking that they are OK.

ShereeKim,

I think I eat an awful lot more than you. A breakfast of an omelette made with 3 eggs plus some coconut milk & goats cheese will only fill me up until about 11am some days. Lunch is often a large salmon fillet or lamb burgers or a lot of roast chicken (about a third of a chicken) with a very large salad or roasted vegetables. Dinner will be similar. When I make a bolognaise sauce, I'll use a 500g pack of mince and I'll eat around a third or what I make. So, what I'm saying is that you can eat a lot and I seem to be losing more weight now that I am eating more. When I first started this diet, I was convinced that I wouldn't lose anything unless I stuck to about 1600 calories a day but I wasn't losing anything doing that.

As for carrots, they are allowed with a fat meal, but as they are one of the starchier veg, it is preferable to have them with something like white fish or the leaner cuts of meat.

Sian x

ShereeKim
    Visitor

Thank you all so much for you responses. Ordinarily when something seemed too good to be true it was - but this diet is completely different. I'm about to start day 10, my 5th day of phase 2, and in total I have lost 10lbs. I don't crave bread, sweets, biscuits or anything, although I have noticed myself overly drawn to dairy i.e keep thinking about ice-cream and find it difficult to put down greek yoghurt once picked up, so suspect I may have to be a little careful with that.

thank you all

ShereeKim

sian,

really, i am convinced that around 1600 i should lose weight. Too scared to go higher. i cycle to school and back everyday which is total 6 miles and next week we start show dance and acrobatics so i know ill be getting exercise. It is really hard to forgot about calories. im phase 2 and i introduced apples (first thing in morning) and now have tried a litte bit of soya milk ( just the water and soybeans one). I EAT CARB BREAKFAST AND at lunch sometimes they have this salad bar at the market, with all types of beans olives, little hummus, couscous, antural ingrediatns that i eat. Do you think all fat melas is the way to lose. I really prefer quinoa and beans to meat.

Hi golfersuse. I do think that we are all different with unique calorie requirements but I would think that 1600 cals is not enough if you are quite an active person. I think it would be the amount I would need if I were to stay in bed all day. It is really hard to get out of that cutting calories mentality, but I believe it's important to do so for long term weight loss and maintenance. I am actually quite a fan of carb meals and lost less when I was on all fat meals. From my point of view, it is good to have a mix of both. Quinoa & beans are a wonderful meal!

Quote Originally Posted by ShereeKim View Post
    Today I had yoghourt for breakfast, a couple of slices of chicken for lunch and this evening I stir fried chicken, peppers, chilli, onions and put on top of mashed (with butter) cauliflower and broccolli, followed by a handful of blueberries and greek yoghourt. Although I didn't eat much during the day my evening meal seemed such a lot - is it too much?

My other question is this - am I right in thinking that I can have any vegetable in the fat meal except potatoes and possibly parsnips, beetroot and carrots which should are only good for a carb meal?

Sorry one more question - I can use olive oil to fry with in a carb meal? Is there a limit to how much I can use?

thanks so much for being here

ShereeKim
    oh nooooo I had carrots with my roast chicken yesterday and read a recipe for gravy that contained a puree parsnip so confused, so carrots only with carb meals and parnship gravy for car meals then?

Carrots and parsnips are pretty much fine with fat meals, unless you have really stalled and are trying to go very low carb!

That's fine, as long as your not carb sensitive as These are both ok with fat meals. I have carrots and parsnips with my roasts dinners every time.