Thread: Jamie Olivers Latest Campaign

Thumbs up Jamie Olivers Latest Campaign

As introduced on his Friday Night Feast...the need and desire of medical students for more nutrition education. If you are on twitter, there is nutrition4medics, and there is nutritank, a lifestyle medical community set up by interested medics. This sounds very, very promising. But there is the question...what kind of nutrition education is suggested? The eat badly plate? Or something daring, and more forward thinking? Something influenced by modern research and science?
    What do Zoe and others at the forefront think?
    Dear Stomach,you are bored,not hungry. So shut up.

I've read some of Jamie's older articles and he appeared to be anti fat. It's interesting in the UK celebrity chefs like Jamie and Hugh W are respected yet her in Oz Pete Evans here in Oz promoting Paleo is a social pariah.
    Rosemary

Club Member

Jamie is certainly anti-fat on some of his cookery programmes.

In one Uncle Ben's rice featured well and in another Yeo Valley low fat yogurt.

Would Jamie Oliver or Hugh Fearnley-Whitingstall be receptive to followers of THD reaching out to them? Or, as I secretly suspect, do they have other ideas with which they are firmly entrenched?

Either way it is good to get people talking about the issues and considering that the advice received so far may well have been wrong.

Quite intelligent folk seem to be totally oblivious to things which I find blindingly obvious. This is because I am following the "true path" - the trouble is that in their minds so are they.
    Last edited by Gilli; 29th December 2018 at 11:02 AM. Reason: spelling
    Gilli - DLTBGYD

I think it’s hard for celebrity chefs. They earn their income from food and will not risk that income no matter their beliefs. Hence TK loses weight on low carb, but puts low calorie versions in his recipe books?
    My mind is like my PC screen: 19 tabs open on the top bar, 3 of them are frozen, 25 half written emails on the bottom bar, and I have no idea where the music is coming from...

I agree about Jamie being anti fat to some degree, though I've seen him criticised for over use of olive oil. He just needs to get on the butter/lard bandwagon.😊
    I checked out the nutritank link late last night. There is a list of influential medics involved...including Rangan Chattergee,author of The Four Pillar Plan along with several other vaguely familiar names. I suspect there will be "healthy" grains in there somewhere...along with good fats and an emphasis on cooking from fresh. In other words, the Mediterranean diet.
    I'd love to see Zoe and the Diet Doctor involved in this.
    Dear Stomach,you are bored,not hungry. So shut up.

James Martin in the butter guy, just a shame it’s frequently mixed with carbs!

Went right off HFW when he refused to sign a book for my daughter. Illogical I know.

Tom Kerridge was great, gave daughter a hug and everything, posed for photos etc...