Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eating red meat and dairy - yes folks it's good for us

Default Eating red meat and dairy - yes folks it's good for us

Now there's a surprise. The Canadians seem to be attacking the current dietary guidelines vigorously.

https://www.fwi.co.uk/livestock/eati...ampaign=buffer
    One is too many a thousand not enough.

Encouraging.

Did you read the remarks by Jeremy Pearson from the British Heart Foundation?

“Meat and dairy can contribute to a healthy, balanced diet as long as they’re eaten in moderation along with plenty of fruits and vegetables, pulses, wholegrains and nuts.
    “This study doesn’t change our current dietary advice.”
    ie he knows what is right and nothing is going to change his mind, no matter how persuasive!!
    Gilli - DLTBGYD but more importantly KCHO

I did like the fact that the article referred to unprocessed red meat rather than lumping it together with the meat contained in burgers & pies etc.

Gilli - there's none so blind .....

Why is the BHF so hell bent on having us eat fruit, pulses and grains?! It's just weird that he feels he has to trot this out.

Maybe this https://www.bhf.org.uk/how-you-can-h...orate-partners and other undisclosed 'partners'
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Club Member

With all that grain, fruit and pulses he will have the trots.

Fgs!!!
    My mind is like my PC screen: 19 tabs open on the top bar, 3 of them are frozen, 25 half written emails on the bottom bar, and I have no idea where the music is coming from...

In defence of a decent burger, which I really enjoy, I wouldn’t count ground beef and some seasoning as being processed. Yet burgers are always trotted out as an example of processed meat.

Tell me I am not alone in noticing the multitude of news articles, adverts and hugely obvious movement toward veganism?

Between headline news articles about Greggs now carrying a vegetarian sausage roll (how exactly?) and Meat Free January to adverts for "all those choosing a healthier lifestyle" and plugging away at it, all the way to the guy winning Mastermind the other night having his chosen charity as "The Vegan Society".

I have no qualms with anyone choosing a lifestyle, heaven knows I have... but to have this so prevalent on TV and in the media is doing untold harm to the work Zoe, Aseem, Rangan and so many others are trying to do!
    Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution. Anne O'Neil