Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nutritionists Launch Portion Size Guidlines

Quote Originally Posted by Justbecoz View Post
    He even made the unwise statement: "Oh so you're going to disagree with all the experts then, are you?!"
    A brave man (or a foolish one)??

Sadly Justbecoz, your husband is not on his own. Lots of people think experts must be right and know more than we mere mortals.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen B View Post
    BNF. Weren't they the ones sponsored by Tate & Lyle a while back?
    Stephen I think you are probably right, and if you aren't it is still the most logical explanation.
    Gilli - DLTBGYD

Thanks Stephen. That is brilliant and well-remembered by you. Perhaps we should all go and comment to that effect on the original article
    Gilli - DLTBGYD

I have looked at the Guardian's complaints page and this does not appear to fall within their range of complaints they will consider. I suspect the article accurately represents what the BNF recommends and the fact that it is sponsored by the sugar industry will not be seen as relevant by the Reader's Editor - so any complaint will probably be filed in the small cylindrical recepticle beside the desk!
    Gilli - DLTBGYD

Club Member

This is not surprising, it is up to individuals to get through the jungle into the open and see the better alternatives. The unfortunate things is that there are masses who will never find their way out.

Whether it be THD, Diet Doctor, The Real Food Revolution, Mark Apple Day(not sure about him but better than BNF)…...etc they need a larger national platform and consistently to medical professionals and the public at large until they cannot be ignored. I do not think any of these have appeared during weight lose programmes that have appeared on TV during January during the past few years e.g. is this diet better than that diet.