Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Words fail me

Default Words fail me

Ditto Florence- vegan propoganda in disguise?
    One is too many a thousand not enough.

Honestly this is ridiculous! Last week it was the mountains of fibre were were supposed to consume or we would all die tomorrow, this week if we eat more than a teeny piece of bacon we'll probably cark it. And my OH was reading something earlier today that said - categorically - that if you took less than 10 000 steps a day you'd might as well be measured for your coffin....

If these declarations were true, we'd all be dead by now anyway. Nobody would be living beyond their 40th birthdays. I think they've just been using their own headline generator again....
    Sue - the first "no thank you" is the easiest

You can tell it's New year and everyone is heartily sick of Brexit. I've seldom heard so much food twaddle as there's been this year.

Hi all
    I've just done a counter to this here.
    Very best wishes - Zoe
    "Those who are enlightened before the others are condemned to pursue that light in spite of others." Christopher Columbus ("1492")

The voice of reason as ever Zoe.
    All this plant propaganda is making the rebel in me go the opposite route. Far from encouraging me to up my veg input, its actually making me eat less. Probably my own version of a "sod it" moment.

Club Member

Brilliant Zoe.

Thanks Zoe. As Maime says always the voice of reason.

Maime - I’m with you there.

It's seriously scary stuff. The BBC report says the EAT-Lancet commission is taking its findings to governments around the world and the WHO. If they were to fall for it hook, line and sinker (which could happen - it happened in the 1970s and the early 1980s after all) we could all suddenly be facing meat taxes and a general cultural shift that makes it difficult for us to keep on eating how most of us around here eat now.

That said, other interests will of course come into play. Trump wouldn't let the economic contribution made by the US cattle farming industry fall by the wayside.

Yeh right. I have just posted in what are you reading, a book called The Science Delusion. Nuff said.