Thread: The dots still need to be joined . . .

Default The dots still need to be joined . . .

This article about dinosaurs in the Times today interested me on a number of levels, but for this forum the paragraph which grabbed my attention was
    “We see that a lot of dinosaurs had big brains for their bodies, in the range of some of today’s mammals. It is hard to make exact comparisons to modern animals, but I’m confident that T. rex was a pretty smart creature . . . And other dinosaurs, like the feisty velociraptor and other small meat-eaters, may have been getting up there in that primate zone of intelligence.”
    showing me that someone needs to point out the bleeping obvious to the morons who are pushing a vegetarian diet.

The scientists who look at fossils with new and wonderful technology take it as read that meat-eaters have bigger brains and more intelligence. Why oh why do the creators of human nutrition guidelines across the globe miss the point entirely? [Sorry, failed to observe that truth and science are irrelevant when there is profit to be made and favours to exchange.]

Don't we deserve a government which governs for the best interests of the people not the best interests of industry?
    Last edited by Gilli; 19th January 2019 at 09:15 PM. Reason: to include the link
    Gilli - DLTBGYD but more importantly KCHO

We absolutely do need governments that look to the best interests of the population Gilli - ours as well as yours. OH and I were out and about in one of our local shopping centres today and it is appalling to see how many overweight and obese people there are in Australia.

I always think - lions = meat eaters, elephants = plant eaters.

Interesting about dinosaurs - they couldn't have been that daft, they survived for some 165 million years - unlikely humans will survive for one million years.
    Last edited by 2nd_Alto; 19th January 2019 at 09:34 AM.
    Sue - the first "no thank you" is the easiest

Good observation Gilli.

Paleo is poo hooed, but it's aim was to return to the way out hunter gatherer foebears, but the vegan way of eating is almost worshipped.

Great commentary Gilli.
    One is too many a thousand not enough.

We need policy makers who instead of telling us what to eat, look at how to make food production more sustainable, and how people can be educated before they are on the path to obesity. And that's not nanny state lecturing, but going back to basics and getting children interested in where food comes from and how to make the best use of it...all of it.

2nd_alto...elephants may be very large plant eaters...but they are also known to be extremely intelligent. You'll have to find another giant, but less clever plant eater

RM...theres an awful lot of money and interested parties behind this vegan movement, and sometimes it feels like there are elements of mind control at work.
    Dear Stomach,you are bored,not hungry. So shut up.

GW - in no way was I denigrating the elephant’s intelligence, it was very simply a comment on size.
    Sue - the first "no thank you" is the easiest

Oh, I knew that. But others might say..."Oh look, they are plant eaters, and very intelligent...therefore..."
    Dear Stomach,you are bored,not hungry. So shut up.

FWIW, there's documentary evidence of "herbivores" such as deer and hares eating meat mostly roadkill or trapped animals, but they do eat them.

And let's not start on chickens... definitely opportunistic omnivores.