Thread: FAO sets the record straight–86% of livestock feed is inedible by humans

Default FAO sets the record straight–86% of livestock feed is inedible by humans

Well there you go vegans, you can't eat what livestock do.

https://clippings.ilri.org/2019/01/2...ble-by-humans/
    One is too many a thousand not enough.

Thank you RM, but I fear like any other rebuttal, they are just not going to believe it
    Trust the process, the results will come

The instant response it that if the land wasn't being used to raise food for livestock (grassland of course excepted) then it could be planted with food for humans... Not that I think they are right, mind you!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah(sjc) View Post
    The instant response it that if the land wasn't being used to raise food for livestock (grassland of course excepted) then it could be planted with food for humans... Not that I think they are right, mind you!
    'Fertilised' with chemicals, on degrading soils, producing nutrient deficit food. I thought most vegan food was flown half way round the world anyway, (after being produced in the aforesaid manner)!

Don’t get me started... I don’t know where they think fertilisers come from, or just how much is needed! Let alone herbicides, pesticides, fungicides, insecticides and slug pellets...

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah(sjc) View Post
    Don’t get me started... I don’t know where they think fertilisers come from, or just how much is needed! Let alone herbicides, pesticides, fungicides, insecticides and slug pellets...
    I sometimes wonder whether "they" are capable of rational thought. I suspect many of the general population which makes up the big "they" have no idea about the actualities of growing and producing food and no real interest either.
    Gilli - DLTBGYD