Thread: Another take on EAT-Lancet

Default Another take on EAT-Lancet

Not sure if this has already been posted, but I thought this was an interesting read.

https://www.greenbiz.com/article/inc...ry-health-diet

Good find!

I'll bookmark that for later!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Thanks for that. I've read the first bit but need to get on. I'll try and finish later.

Thank, there doesn't seem to be one report in favour of Eat lancet.
    One is too many a thousand not enough.

Thank you R_P, that was an interesting read.

You are right RM about there being no positive responses, but I suspect that those who agree with it think the EAT Lancet report has said everything which needs to be said. Along with many of my generation, I read "Diet for a Small Planet" when it was published (around 1976) and much of the thinking in the EAT Lancet report seems to follow on from that. It is as if the commissioners who wrote the report have learnt nothing from epidemiology in the last 50 years. The nay-sayers are always going to be more vocal and louder, and it just so happens that I agree with their points of view in this case.
    Gilli - DLTBGYD

Quote Originally Posted by Gilli View Post
    Thank you R_P, that was an interesting read.

You are right RM about there being no positive responses, but I suspect that those who agree with it think the EAT Lancet report has said everything which needs to be said. Along with many of my generation, I read "Diet for a Small Planet" when it was published (around 1976) and much of the thinking in the EAT Lancet report seems to follow on from that. It is as if the commissioners who wrote the report have learnt nothing from epidemiology in the last 50 years. The nay-sayers are always going to be more vocal and louder, and it just so happens that I agree with their points of view in this case.
    I can remember deliberately not reading Diet for a Small Planet because it emphasised meat free eating...though my hippie-self was sorely tempted.
    Dear Stomach,you are bored,not hungry. So shut up.