Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vegan trends does more for health of food company profits than the planet

JaneS any chance of the link.
    One is too many a thousand not enough.

I got to it via the second link. Will read in a bit.

Jane, is that the Isabella Tree article from several months back where she describes the steps taken to 're-wild- her family farm?
    Dear Stomach,you are bored,not hungry. So shut up.

Here's the Diet Doctor article I found...with further links within it.

And found this within the comments on the Isabella Tree article
    "A Letter to a Vegetarian Nation" **, which may be of interest to many.

**....as it ties in with nicely with that article. I've put it on my wish list, in the hope the price may come down.
    Last edited by grumbleweed; 24th February 2019 at 05:23 PM.

I could read it fine through the facebook link, thank you RM
    Trust the process, the results will come

Thanks for giving the link GW - I was on my ipad and can never manage copying and pasting on that...
    There was an interesting programme on radio 4 a couple of weeks ago. On Your Farm visited a dairy in Scotland where they've found a viable way of leaving calves with their mothers until they're 5 months old by which time weening is no problem. They make their own cheese and had been contacted by a number of people who'd been thinking they should go vegan but loved cheese and were happy with this method of production.

Quote Originally Posted by Christelle View Post
    I could read it fine through the facebook link, thank you RM
    The first link didn't even take me to FB. Instead, I got "subscribe to FT to continue reading..."

Quote Originally Posted by JaneS View Post
    Iíve just searched for Diet Dr and then searched vegan on the site which brings up the article along with a link to a longer article by Isabella Tree in the Guardian.
    That worked for me. Interesting articles. We need more articles covering the environmental issues which militant vegans gloss over or ignore completely.

A few things bother me about the article. Firstly, I worry for the author. Most Vegans I have met are very argumentative and fiercely protective of their "way of life".

Mostly, I am bothered by the idea that vegans seem so intent on having food that is "fake" meat! Even to the point that the article mentions the "fake meat maker" Vegetarian Butcher! Even the term "vegan sausage roll" from Greggs suggests that they still want to feel as though they are having meat without, well, having meat!

It is a constant worry though, especially with the Vegan Society being a registered charity in the UK and the fact that as I opened the What's In The News forum pages, at least 4 of the top stories are about the subject...

Zoe's email and this article only serves to reinforce my resolve as a committed and contented Omnivore.
    Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution. Anne O'Neil

Makes me wonder a bit WHY vegans are so militant - is it because they are in a permanent state of "Hanger"? Is there a lack of some basic nutrient in their diet that contributes to their aggressiveness? Vegetarians are much calmer in my experience... oh! maybe it is the tryptophan in cheese that vegangelicals are so lacking... or something like that!
    Sue - the first "no thank you" is the easiest

Love it Sue.