Thread: Article by Aseem Malhotra

Default Article by Aseem Malhotra

My body needs nourishment not punishment - I will not treat my body like a dustbin.

Very sad tale Florence but a great message for us all.
    Gilli - DLTBGYD

Sad, as you say Gilli - but seriously, look at what she was eating! Vegetarian food doesn't have to be all biscuits, toast and sweets.
    Sue - the first "no thank you" is the easiest

He's been getting a lot of flak on FB from vegetareans, quite rightly, saying don't blame being vegetarean blame the junk food.
    One is too many a thousand not enough.

I’d bet she’s not on her own though. The couple if veggies i’ve known of do seem to eat a lot of processed carbs. They’ve got to fill up somehow.

Club Member

Very sad for the family.

Vegetarians can eat health but like us following THD, it requires thinking about with food/shopping needing some planning to eat either way properly.

Its especially worrying in young people. You can bet your bottom dollar that there is a lot of chips and Haribos involved in being veggie.

An incredibly brave article!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Very sad, but unfortunately not all that uncommon. What does many vegetarians and vegans in is the combination of lack of protein and good fats with an overabundance of highly processed carbs. It's hard for a vegetarian to get adequate protein, fat, and assorted micronutrients -- especially the fat-soluble ones.

In order to get a healthy, balanced vegetarian or vegan diet, you basically have to cook for yourself for pretty much every meal and a lot of the foods take quite a long time to cook -- beans, lentils, whole grains, etc. That makes the temptation to eat junk food much stronger as it's instantly available and highly palatable (and to some extent addictive)