Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Pegan Diet.

One is too many a thousand not enough.

You may want to change the title to be PEGAN... Pagan is somewhat different!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Been wondering what Pagans might eat...the only thing that comes to mind is licorice though I've no idea why! Just seems vaguely Pagan to me. Other than that I suppose "eye of newt" and maybe "toad in the hole"....
    Sue - the first "no thank you" is the easiest

Club Member

Bring me a large fatty rib eye steak, with some low carb veg topped with a big pat of butter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat View Post
    You may want to change the title to be PEGAN... Pagan is somewhat different!
    I cannot Mat, please do it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by roseymary View Post
    I cannot Mat, please do it for me.
    Done!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Thanks Mat.

This isn't so different though - it's what we do minus dairy plus a few grains, with controlled protein portions. You can still have 6 ounces per meal though, which is about the size of a standard M&S sirloin steak. Who eats 3 steaks a day? I'd argue it's not even that limited. Even the Real Meal Revolution emphasises eating as many vegetables as you can at every meal.

What I think is daft is how hard you have to think about everything, the fact that it uses an assumption that meat is bad for the environment and plants are good as its point of departure, and the fact that it encourages consumption of gluten-free grains and legumes which I don't think we need or benefit from.

I doesn't look like a bad way to eat, it's just a bit of a silly trumped up phony concept.

I’ve been known to eat 3 steaks a day...
    My mind is like my PC screen: 19 tabs open on the top bar, 3 of them are frozen, 25 half written emails on the bottom bar, and I have no idea where the music is coming from...

Quote Originally Posted by Lindam View Post
    I’ve been known to eat 3 steaks a day...
    me too