Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What a dreadful prospect

Quote Originally Posted by Gilli View Post
    This may be true. However by 2050 the ill health which such vegan converts suffer will have them returning to eating meat, fish and dairy.. The omnivore resistance movement will have been secretly raising pigs in remote barns and urban allotment sheds and will be ready to supply the new market.
    Let 'em die out... Call it a 'country-wide Darwin award'
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their Ďtoleranceí

Vegetarianism/Veganism sound more and more like a cult every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Mannity View Post
    Vegetarianism/Veganism sound more and more like a cult every day.
    Indeed!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their Ďtoleranceí

I think the tide is changing

Take me- up until a month ago I was seriously considering going vegetarian and we sought out low fat food.

A few weeks ago I saw something on you tube about intermittent fasting ( jason Fung) that led me to Nina Teicholz then Gary Taubes then Tim Noakes and this week ZoŽ

So there is hope if Iím an example

I was a dedicated "low fat" fan before THD but it was low fat that made me fat.

I've noted with alarm the growing meat tax lobby and vegan activism here in Australia, having the "high moral ground" of not killing animals and ignoring any reports that say it's land clearing to grow crops that is contributing to climate change is their forte.

So mych of Australia is marginal even for animal husbandry, but can support very low density cattle/sheep rearing. No irrigation needed, native scrubby trees grow. Ckear it and instant dessert that can only be made green by irrigation which in years leads to barren fields due to salinity caused by raising tge water table. But no that's ignored.
    One is too many a thousand not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by roseymary View Post
    I've noted with alarm the growing meat tax lobby and vegan activism here in Australia, having the "high moral ground" of not killing animals and ignoring any reports that say it's land clearing to grow crops that is contributing to climate change is their forte.

So mych of Australia is marginal even for animal husbandry, but can support very low density cattle/sheep rearing. No irrigation needed, native scrubby trees grow. Ckear it and instant dessert that can only be made green by irrigation which in years leads to barren fields due to salinity caused by raising tge water table. But no that's ignored.

Yes I know - whatís been done with the Murray rivet is scandalous- water diverted for crops including cotton in Queensland and there is nothing left by the time it reaches SA. Similar things have happened all over the world .

But donít loose heart these things change very quickly. Yes I sought out low fat and avoided meat but once you see the evidence itís an absolute no brainer

Actually growing grains and cereal crops kill more animals and insects than grazing cattle, sheep or pigs.

Additionally, you can grow meat animals on land that's unsuited for arable agriculture: Too steep, too rocky, poor soil, too dry, too wet... chances are the animals will improve it.