Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another attack on red meat

I’d say I probably eat more than that at one meal although not every meal, everyday.

85g per day?

Well, that's the problem then. It's not doing them any good because they don't eat enough of it.

Thus sayeth the man who ate 170g of roast beef for lunch and 225g of grilled lamb (shoulder chops. Yum!) yesterday.

M&S do a 380g ribeye and a 450g sirloin steak now. I don't struggle with either of them!

Quote Originally Posted by MrJDW View Post
    M&S do a 380g ribeye and a 450g sirloin steak now. I don't struggle with either of them!
    I can't see how that would be a struggle for me either

All I can add to the above is that I just love roast beef

mmmmm, when you are full, you are full, i have never "overeaten meat". now chocolate or cakes? that is an easy one, nearly always overeaten

I agree Edmund.

Dr Robert Cywes sums it up beautifully in his YouTube series which I am working my way through at the moment. Meat and Fat are eaten for nutrition, so the amount consumed is regulated by appetite. Carbohydrates are eaten for pleasure and our endorphin receptors are never satisfied.
    Gilli - DLTBGYD but more importantly KCHO

Quote Originally Posted by Gilli View Post
    Dr Robert Cywes sums it up beautifully in his YouTube series which I am working my way through at the moment. Meat and Fat are eaten for nutrition, so the amount consumed is regulated by appetite. Carbohydrates are eaten for pleasure and our endorphin receptors are never satisfied.
    It's taken years for me to figure out when I'm hungry and when I'm full, courtesy of 9 years of boarding school and having to eat everything on my plate whether I was hungry or not, liked whatever "delights" the kitchen had turned out.

We used to like Spam -- because it was reliable and predictable, unlike much of the mystery meat we were served...

Hugh I'm a few years older than you born immediately post war. And I agree about finding out when to stop has only just started to happen, and still has no off button for sweet food.

As a child of parents who went through WW2 rationing we had to clean our plates or no dessert, and as I always wanted dessert that's what I did. Ditto at my public school at lunch time. Fortunately breakfast was never an issue scrambled eggs, tomato and bacon every morning, all that my Father could cook. Mother considered a coffee and cigarette a perfect breakfast, and we 3 hated cigarette smoke near food so she was banned.
    One is too many a thousand not enough.

Yes Iíve seen news stories this week- what is going on

The world is run by mad people