Thread: Meat Science: Grain grinding size of cereals in complete pelleted diets for growing l

Default Meat Science: Grain grinding size of cereals in complete pelleted diets for growing l

Meat Science: Grain grinding size of cereals in complete pelleted diets for growing lambs
    this paper explains how if the grain for lamb pellets is ground too fine (2 mm instead of 6 mm) the lambs are more likely to get metabolic acidosis .
    A coarser grinding size of cereals incorporated to CPD would allow for longer residence times of digesta and promote a more favourable fermentation of starch

this shouldn't surprise us
    Comparison with ancestral diets suggests dense acellular carbohydrates promote an inflammatory microbiota, and may be the primary dietary cause of leptin resistance and obesity Spreadbury pointed out in 2012 that the over-processing of foods was causing inflammation and the development of a pathogenic gut flora.

Unfortunately I think there is a typo in this image and they mean lean rather than lead bodies.

Food Design To Feed the Human Gut Microbiota

however I think the answer is to avoid ultraprocessed foods and only eat real food you have prepared yourself.

Association Between Ultraprocessed Food Consumption
    and Risk of Mortality

An increase in ultraprocessed foods consumption appears to be associated with an overall higher mortality risk among this adult population; further prospective studies are needed to confirm these findings and to disentangle the various mechanisms by which ultraprocessed foods may affect health

I watched a youtube video on this subject a few weeks back. Can't remember who the presenter was but if I find it I'll post a link.