Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Obesity one of the largest causes of cancer?

I've just read the article Ffion linked. I'm no expert, but I think there is a lot of confused thinking in the section on 'metabolic chaos' (even the title they have chosen for the section speaks volumes about their lack of understanding). In a piece about how obesity causes cancer, they're effectively saying that losing weight (the body fueling on fatty acids released from its own fat stores) is causing cancer, because there is excess insulin in the blood... not if you don't eat the carbs that make the body release the insulin in the first place, there isn't.

'Causes'

Hmmmmm....
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Quote Originally Posted by MrJDW View Post
    I've just read the article Ffion linked. I'm no expert, but I think there is a lot of confused thinking in the section on 'metabolic chaos' (even the title they have chosen for the section speaks volumes about their lack of understanding). In a piece about how obesity causes cancer, they're effectively saying that losing weight (the body fueling on fatty acids released from its own fat stores) is causing cancer, because there is excess insulin in the blood... not if you don't eat the carbs that make the body release the insulin in the first place, there isn't.
    I just skimmed it, but this piece caught my eye:
    “Large studies of peoples’ blood chemistry have also shown links between high glucose (even at levels below those needed for a diagnosis of diabetes) and the risk of several types of cancer,” Wiseman tells us.
    Yep. It's those damned carbs again...