Thread: Dr Malcolm Kendrick's blog touches on vaccination this time

Default Dr Malcolm Kendrick's blog touches on vaccination this time

This is a well drafted piece about vaccination.
    Gilli - DLTBGYD

A nice balanced piece, particurly heartened that he says he is not anti vacine. Despite the issues that he raises I think to be rabidly anti vacine is equal to being rabidly pro vacine.

I'll keep taking my flu vacine in the meantime.

I wonder if he takes requests? I'd like to see him tackle man-made climate change next

Too controversial perhaps, even for Dr K.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen B View Post
    Too controversial perhaps, even for Dr K.
    Vaccines or Climate?
    The truth is deafening, no matter how quietly spoken.

I read that last night with fascination. Another brave putting his head above the parapet to get it shot off.

One of the many books I read (no idea which one) commented that by the time polio vaccine had come along the rates were dropping dramatically and it wasn't tge miracle claimed. Another one not mentioned was "consumption" AKA TB inoculation which I had 60 years ago at school when rates were already dramatically declining. Used to be endemic in all classes but no longer the killer with antbiotics.
    One is too many a thousand not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Vaccines or Climate?
    Climate.

I think the problem is - black and white..

The world would have it that everyone subscribes to a polarised world view (like politics) - If you like some aspects of one side; you must automatically hate what the other side stands for.

Climate?

Seen this from 30 years ago

The most conservative scientific estimate that the Earth’s temperature will rise 1 to 7 degrees in the next 30 years, said Brown.
    And what has been the rise?

0.5° C....

Never trust someone to see something who's livelihood is dependant on them not seeing it..
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’